Kali Linux broke my wifi adapter

Jamesvargas
Go to solution Solved by Budget DIY,

You accidentally set it to monitor mode, while trying to install some Linux version. So you had options back there, to adjust things. Even though the installation itself failed, it did change settings on your WIFI card. So maybe try installing Linux again? Doesn't matter if the install itself fails. Just as long as you can get your WIFI card out of this monitoring mode? (I hate wifi, don't know much about it, but this seems like something that could probably work. Right?)

Hello I usually don’t post on forums for anything as I usually can fix everything my self whenever there are issues, but this is something that is out of my field, I was installing kali Linux on a ssd, I did a graphic install I did the entire process, I accidentally enabled monitor mode during the process for my wifi adapter, after the kali Linux was done I rebooted and started up my computer into the kali Linux ssd, turns out it fricking failed, as it gave me a error saying unknown processor or something, so when I went back to windows, on my other hard drive, I noticed my fing wifi adapter option was gone, I looked at the drivers and I saw the little yellow icon next to the wifi adapter driver, I also had wire shark installed and I could see my adapter working in Fing monitor mode, and I can’t find a Fing way to make it go back to normal as I can’t access kali Linux because it failed. I raged so badly I threw my water bottle across my room and it exploded all over my electronics. This was after a hour or so of trying to fix the issue. Help is needed.

Mental help is required? Angur management class suggestions? Crowd funding for a new WIFI card? What kind of help are you looking for exactly.

2 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

Mental help is required? Angur management class suggestions? Crowd funding for a new WIFI card? What kind of help are you looking for exactly.

😂😂😂, maybe, I just need some suggestions on how to get my wifi back to normal, I would like to put it back to normal, it’s monitoring nonstop, and doesn’t show up on my pc anymore, but whenever I open up wire shark I can see it monitoring and absorbing all information. So it still works but I need to switch back to managed mode.

You accidentally set it to monitor mode, while trying to install some Linux version. So you had options back there, to adjust things. Even though the installation itself failed, it did change settings on your WIFI card. So maybe try installing Linux again? Doesn't matter if the install itself fails. Just as long as you can get your WIFI card out of this monitoring mode? (I hate wifi, don't know much about it, but this seems like something that could probably work. Right?)

Just now, Budget DIY said:

I did a complete reinstall of my kali Linux and guess what… it said it couldn’t find my wifi adapter either so the option for monitor mode didn’t show up. Ty for replying btw, I also reinstalled windows and it still didn’t fix the problem it’s 3am and I won’t be able to sleep knowing my pc is unusable. 

25 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

I have fixed it, I will now look for a therapist.