Need Help Configuring My PC for the next upgrade

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for what I should upgrade in my current PC. I mostly use it for Gaming, networking, internet browsing, streaming.

I don't have much of a budget and built this PC pre-Covid as a home workstation and Gaming replacement for console gaming (PS4 and Switch)

I'm wondering if I need to start with a better powersupply before I look at graphics card. 

I would like to get to 1440p with a decent FPS if possible. 

Also am I bottlenecking anything?

This is my first post, so I'm not sure yet how I'll see your responses.

But Thank you for taking some time to consider helping me.

Regards

Budget (including currency):  Around $500 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Destiny 2, Apex Legends, Minecraft, Core Keeper, Dinkum, Dredge, Internet Browsing, Online Classes, Zoom,

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Computer Specs

Motherboard:

B450 Tomahawk Max

CPU:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

RAM:

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C16D-16GVKC

Memory:

Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1 TB

HDD: 2 TB

GPU:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB

Power Supply:

500 Watt basic model

Monitor:

Acer - XF270H 27" LED FHD FreeSync Monitor (DisplayPort, HDMI, USB) - Black

Buy a ryzen 5500 or 5600 (prefer 5600 if price diff is <20$)

Then buy a used 6800 which are about 400$ on ebay, Heres one for 365$, id just ignore the broken fan if its still running <80c

44 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

CPU

+1. If youre willing to sell the parts before buying you could get 5800X3D and a 750W PSU like RM750e, and then sell the 3600X and 1060 for $60-80 and $100-150 respectively, to get yourself 6700 XT or used 6800XT money.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.