Question regarding update select parts of PC

Hi All, 

I was just wondering if I upgrade my GPU from A 1060 6GB to a 4070 would a 450w Power supply work? 

my current specs are the following: 

image.thumb.png.81bb393079dd1f1169687356ec475d3a.png

I don't have enough money to do a complete overhaul but I want to get something I could transfer to my new build when I have money. 

or any other suggestions?

i did upgrade my harddrive to SSD. 

Thanks

Power supply specs?

4070 takes 200w but it depends if the psu allocates enough power to the 12v rails.

Im thnking you will be fine their is only 75w difference between the two cards stock.

20 minutes ago, Ottoman420 said:

Power supply specs?

4070 takes 200w but it depends if the psu allocates enough power to the 12v rails.

Im thnking you will be fine their is only 75w difference between the two cards stock.

it is the included power supply.

link 

Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450 W Power Supply (FD-MCA-NODE-202-AA-US) - PCPartPicker

Sorry didnt see the case included the power supply,

The only issue is that the new series graphics cards have transient spikes that will double gpu input by up to double for fractions of a second, steve from gamers nexus showed this issue is more of an iissue in sfx power supplies like yours as the capacitors have to be smaller or fewer in quantinty for the size of sfx.

Wose case scenario you will need to replace with a new beefier unit or you might get away with stock settings or even an undervolt till you can afford to replace the psu.

4 hours ago, Ottoman420 said:

The only issue is that the new series graphics cards have transient spikes that will double gpu input by up to double for fractions of a second, steve from gamers nexus showed this issue is more of an iissue in sfx power supplies like yours as the capacitors have to be smaller or fewer in quantinty for the size of sfx.

Except that Ada addressed that.

550 would be doable but 450 is so not ideal. a more realistic pick would be GTX 1660 Super or RX 5700XT but that wouldnt offer that dramatic of an upgrade compared to the 1060 you have now. But if youre looking at selling and going used, both card prices are on par so youd be looking at a free upgrade.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

51 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Except that Ada addressed that.

550 would be doable but 450 is so not ideal. a more realistic pick would be GTX 1660 Super or RX 5700XT but that wouldnt offer that dramatic of an upgrade compared to the 1070 you have now. But if youre looking at selling and going used, both card prices are on par so youd be looking at a free upgrade.

I have a gtx 1060 right now. Also my parents say you shouldn't trust used PC parts. 

24 minutes ago, wulfgaurd33 said:

I have a gtx 1060 right now. Also my parents say you shouldn't trust used PC parts. 

I mean i do only give some examples of deals existing in the market, i understand the sentiment. But with purchasing in places with very strong buyer protection or seeing it working for yourself would cut down on the risk significantly.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.