MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X fan problem

Tadziunia

Just got last week my shinny new RTX 4090 upgrade from 3080 10gb. My joy wasn't long. Even though card at gaming spins barely. Its producing annoying whispering noise which wasn't coil whine. Today i checked and its center fan. Even if i take out card and use fingers to spin fans, 1 and 3 are smooth as butter with no whimpering/whispering. But center one moves much harder and even at few rpm i can physically spin it, its annoying whispering atleast its not rattling.... GPU is also extremely resonating at 60% fan speed, it gives high pitch sound, using bracket but it didn't help. Don't really care about higher rpm speed sound, because card is barely spinning at 3440x1440 ultra at anygame while giving very good temps. So not sure, should i just take it and do nothing or bring it straight for RMA. GPU can do +1800mhz memory and +160mhz core, maybe somekind of memory loterry here also i didn't know situation with MSI fans are so bad, found out that there was plenty 3080 3090 cards with same noise issue. And yet my luck came for me again at almost day one of getting this expensive hardware. Any tips ? Whats the odds that another 4090 has all fans good and not faulty...

I think in your instance, theres 4 options

1. If you want to keep your warranty, RMA it. Id imagine that theres a decently small chance that the second card would have the same issue

2.If you don't care about your warranty, you can pull the shroud off, read the part number of the fan, and see if you can buy a new one yourself and replace it.

3. sell the card second hand and use the money to buy a new 4090 from a different brand

4. ignore it entirely and play your music louder

this is basically what i would do in order