'Memory Settings Have Been Reset Due To Failure To Boot'

Hello there, I've been trying to figure out this problem I've been having for quite some time now.. I'm not sure why but my computer failed to boot every time I try and change my memory clock frequency, By default the DDR4 Ram is set to 2133 and only work then. However, if I try to increase it to the desired amount (Being 3200) nothing works, I got down one by one via the BIOS but still no change. Just constant failures to boot! I've checked my specs and their information manuals via online, they all allow me to do it but still it doesn't work.

I'm currently using 4 x 8GB Corsair Ram sticks Vengeance RGB Pro in all 4 slots. I've checked the batch numbers and both are the same and from the same supplier being Corsair themselves.. 

My current Specs are: 
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight-Core Processor 

4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro Ram sticks (8GB Ram each)

3070 GPU (If that helps)

Also the picture I've linked to is the error, don't worry about the 6 keyboards part, for some reason it identifies my USB connections (Headset& webcam) as keyboards!

I've spent so long trying to figure it out and i'm not 100% sure what to do, I've spent so long looking at tutorials online and still no luck! Please help 😞 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 131452.png

image_2023-04-25_131640330.png

14 minutes ago, Retroxiity said:

Hello there, I've been trying to figure out this problem I've been having for quite some time now.. I'm not sure why but my computer failed to boot every time I try and change my memory clock frequency, By default the DDR4 Ram is set to 2133 and only work then. However, if I try to increase it to the desired amount (Being 3200) nothing works, I got down one by one via the BIOS but still no change. Just constant failures to boot! I've checked my specs and their information manuals via online, they all allow me to do it but still it doesn't work.

I'm currently using 4 x 8GB Corsair Ram sticks Vengeance RGB Pro in all 4 slots. I've checked the batch numbers and both are the same and from the same supplier being Corsair themselves.. 

My current Specs are: 

3070 GPU (If that helps)

Also the picture I've linked to is the error, don't worry about the 6 keyboards part, for some reason it identifies my USB connections (Headset& webcam) as keyboards!

I've spent so long trying to figure it out and i'm not 100% sure what to do, I've spent so long looking at tutorials online and still no luck! Please help 😞 

Screenshot 2023-04-25 131452.png

image_2023-04-25_131640330.png

Is your ram rated for 3200MHz?

Ryzen doesn't like it when you have all 4 dimms in use. At least that was the case for 1000 and 2000 series. The memory controller on the CPU is under more load with 4 sticks so you might have to drop the speeds.

This was my issue 4x16GB with 1700x was able to run them at 3200 in any combo apart from 4 at once. If used 4, speed had to go to 3000 to stay stable.

If the dimms work in 2x8 at 3200 but not 4 then try (with all 4 dimms installed) enabling XMP/DOCP then lowering the ram frequency manually to 3000 or 2933 or so forth until the system likes it. Or upgrade to 2x16 instead of 4x8.

I would also recommend a BIOS update, yours in v4901, the latest is v5003.

I edit my messages often. Please refresh for the latest message.

I am not always on the same thread. Tag or Quote me to get my attention.

Remember to Mark the solution to help others in the future.

SFF

CPU: R7 3700x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x570-i

RAM: Corsair vengeance 64GB 3200MHz CL16

Cooler: Asetek 645LT

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 AERO

Case: Dan Case A4

Storage: 2TB Sabrent (PCI-E 3.0) - Windows

Storage: 1TB Crucial P5 Plus (PCIE 4.0) - Fedora

Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (SATA) - Steam

Welcome to the forums!!!

23 minutes ago, Retroxiity said:

Have you checked on the motherboard's QVL list to see if the RAM modules are on the QVL list??? Generally, Corsair Vengeance sticks do not play nicely with Zen/Zen+/Zen2 IMCs and filling all slots with 4 DIMMs puts a lot of stress on the IMC in the CPU. 

The 2700X supports up to DDR4-2933 so 3200 XMP is considered an overclock and is not guaranteed. AS @JenjerBread mentioned, BIOS updates can help improve memory stability and may be the only thing needed to get to 3200. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 hours ago, JenjerBread said:

Is your ram rated for 3200MHz?

Ryzen doesn't like it when you have all 4 dimms in use. At least that was the case for 1000 and 2000 series. The memory controller on the CPU is under more load with 4 sticks so you might have to drop the speeds.

This was my issue 4x16GB with 1700x was able to run them at 3200 in any combo apart from 4 at once. If used 4, speed had to go to 3000 to stay stable.

If the dimms work in 2x8 at 3200 but not 4 then try (with all 4 dimms installed) enabling XMP/DOCP then lowering the ram frequency manually to 3000 or 2933 or so forth until the system likes it. Or upgrade to 2x16 instead of 4x8.

I would also recommend a BIOS update, yours in v4901, the latest is v5003.

The ram sticks are rated for 3200mhz.

So it's best to have 2 sticks running at 3200mhz instead of 4? I'll test that out! 

I'll try updating the bios but at the time I still had the errors with the latest bios version. 

Thanks for reply!

16 hours ago, Retroxiity said:

The ram sticks are rated for 3200mhz.

So it's best to have 2 sticks running at 3200mhz instead of 4? I'll test that out! 

I'll try updating the bios but at the time I still had the errors with the latest bios version. 

Thanks for reply!

It definitely makes it easier to run XMP on 2 sticks rather than 4. Unfortunately, that was just the way things were with early Ryzen. That and also the issue with different memory topologies on motherboards. 

If you are running 4 Sticks, the T topology is better (If I am remembering correctly)

As @CommanderAlex said Corsair Vengeance doesn't play as nice with the memory controllers for Zen 1, Zen+ and Zen 2. You can try running a kit on the memory QVL for your motherboard.

You can view the QVL here > https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450_F_GAMING/Memory_QVL_AMD_Ryzen_2000_Series_Processors_B450_4DIMM.pdf?model=ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

If your kit is already on there, then you just got a CPU with a weaker IMC unfortunately 😕 . Can't really do anything apart from maybe adding SOC voltage but its not worth it.

Thread on OCing the SOC of the 2700x > https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/2700x-and-4-dimms-help.18888197/

The OP didn't manage to run 4 sticks at full speed in the end 😞 

I edit my messages often. Please refresh for the latest message.

I am not always on the same thread. Tag or Quote me to get my attention.

Remember to Mark the solution to help others in the future.

SFF

CPU: R7 3700x

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x570-i

RAM: Corsair vengeance 64GB 3200MHz CL16

Cooler: Asetek 645LT

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 AERO

Case: Dan Case A4

Storage: 2TB Sabrent (PCI-E 3.0) - Windows

Storage: 1TB Crucial P5 Plus (PCIE 4.0) - Fedora

Storage: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO (SATA) - Steam