Vertagear doesnt honor their chair warranty anymore, with support ghosting me

Bought a Triigger 350 Special Edition chair in 2018, its seat mechanism broke in 2019, and i got a replacement sent to me after a month.
The new chair broke in 2020 the exact same way.
Contacted them again and after a long email chain figuring out the problem and sharing info, they were going to send but that they didnt have stock of the part while complaining about their EU office being shut down.
I waited 3 months and heard nothing, so i emailed them in the same email chain a couple times over the span of the next 3 months, and they never responded.

I then opened a new email support ticket via their website where they responded, went throught all the information again, again got told they were sending me something and to wait for shipping number but heard nothing, again sent a follow up and heard nothing. Repeat 2 more times. Latest attempt in january/february.

So they either cant send anything because of their eu office being a problem or they just dont want to send out support replacements anymore.
It seems it went crashing down after they lost their eu office.

For reference, im like 90kg and there was no usage reason for why the chair broke, it just seems like low quality parts or part defects they dont want to take responsibility for.
https://www.vertagear.com/products/triigger-line-350-special-edition-gaming-chair
I tried repairing it but since it broke in the same place on both chairs, its not really possible.
Its more or less just a bolt snapped that tilted the chair and seems to have slightly deformed parts inside the seat mechanism.

IMG_20230422_191335.jpg

IMG_20220223_125701.jpg

Where does this chair live, a dust factory?

Warranty stuff can really suck. In the future I'd recommend looking at more "office" oriented chairs, especially if you can find used high-quality ones from brands like steelcase or herman miller, as they're truly built to last 20 years.

15 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Where does this chair live, a dust factory?

Warranty stuff can really suck. In the future I'd recommend looking at more "office" oriented chairs, especially if you can find used high-quality ones from brands like steelcase or herman miller, as they're truly built to last 20 years.

Its dusty because they have been put in storage after getting no responses for 2 years. i aint got space in my house for this garbage.

I have tried looking for a new chair for a long time but i seem to have a set of requirements that no specific chair has all of them from what i found so far.
One requirement being a neck rest that actually is a proper neck rest, and another being arm rests that doesnt interfere with table heights or piano keyboard distance to me. Cant really think of anything else right now tho

im legit considering something silly like this https://www.mobelringen.no/stresslessr-reno-office-kontorstol-212120001

in eu you can get your money back when seller refuses warranty, and they're way overdue = problem solved (hopefully) 

getting advice from lawyer is also not expensive and I'd recommend it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

36 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

in eu you can get your money back when seller refuses warranty, and they're way overdue = problem solved (hopefully) 

getting advice from lawyer is also not expensive and I'd recommend it.

looked into it a little bit, looks to me it only applies to within 2 years where this happened a bit after 2 years so that wouldnt work.
even if it was within the time, a lawyer is expensive af here and wouldnt be worth talking to for the value the chair would be worth used. 

14 hours ago, Offline Research Kangaroo said:

looked into it a little bit, looks to me it only applies to within 2 years where this happened a bit after 2 years so that wouldnt work.
even if it was within the time, a lawyer is expensive af here and wouldnt be worth talking to for the value the chair would be worth used. 

Then whats the point of this thread? If you had issues in some time 2019 and we are living almost half of the 2023 already. This is something you should have come to ask advice months or two after they stopped responding to you. Since we are 4 years after the fact, you have admitted responsibility of buying from non-EU company directly (EU consumer protection has less power over companies that don't do business on EU soil).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Then whats the point of this thread? If you had issues in some time 2019 and we are living almost half of the 2023 already. This is something you should have come to ask advice months or two after they stopped responding to you. Since we are 4 years after the fact, you have admitted responsibility of buying from non-EU company directly (EU consumer protection has less power over companies that don't do business on EU soil).

You are missunderstanding a lot of stuff tbh. Seems you didnt real it fully understanding it.

Bought it from overclockers uk. (they wouldnt do anything)
The second breakdown happened between 2 and 3 years after i bought it, if the laws state 2 years then that doesnt apply either way??

You say they stopped responding to me but i could just start a new ticket and they would talk again, so it seemed as if they had a garbage system where if nothing happens after x time the mails just moves itself to solved which every other company seem to have, repeat new ticket every 6 months or so with sllow email chains trying to get a solution every time with info moving

Theres nothing i can do in regards to laws on my own anyway and a lawyer would want 100$ to even speak to me. The resale value of the chair would be maybe max 300$ and probably cost 500$ for the lawyers time.
Norway is not completely part of eu so i dont think theres anything i can do other than lawyers.

Half the point of this thread is so that other people dont buy vertagear garbage without knowing the support doesnt work.

1 hour ago, Offline Research Kangaroo said:

You are missunderstanding a lot of stuff tbh. Seems you didnt real it fully understanding it.

That comes down to you giving out information, not me misunderstanding.

Bought it from overclockers uk. (they wouldnt do anything)
The second breakdown happened between 2 and 3 years after i bought it, if the laws state 2 years then that doesnt apply either way??

2 year warranty applies only up to 2 calendar years from purchase date. So you wrote 2019 which already could be 2 years for warranty. But lets assume not. Why wait until its history to come here about it?

You say they stopped responding to me but i could just start a new ticket and they would talk again, so it seemed as if they had a garbage system where if nothing happens after x time the mails just moves itself to solved which every other company seem to have, repeat new ticket every 6 months or so with sllow email chains trying to get a solution every time with info moving

Thats pretty much same thing... They stop responding and spin your with new people or same rounds. You should have been up front with consumer protection agency after 2nd dead-end.

Theres nothing i can do in regards to laws on my own anyway and a lawyer would want 100$ to even speak to me. The resale value of the chair would be maybe max 300$ and probably cost 500$ for the lawyers time.
Norway is not completely part of eu so i dont think theres anything i can do other than lawyers.

Norway is part of ETA AFAIK. But again, its also modern society with robust consumer protection laws. Overall, you are too late on acting on this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

32 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That comes down to you giving out information, not me misunderstanding.

2 year warranty applies only up to 2 calendar years from purchase date. So you wrote 2019 which already could be 2 years for warranty. But lets assume not. Why wait until its history to come here about it?

Thats pretty much same thing... They stop responding and spin your with new people or same rounds. You should have been up front with consumer protection agency after 2nd dead-end.

Norway is part of ETA AFAIK. But again, its also modern society with robust consumer protection laws. Overall, you are too late on acting on this.

mb i thought i wrote it broke in 2020 here but instead i just said a few months later. 

by the time it broke the second time it had alredy gone past 2 years so still wouldnt work but ok

still tho point of post being to warn others to not buy vertagear stuff if they dont wanna hassle with support