Disable Stock Notification Shade on Android 13 (LineageOS)

Jplayz

I have been searching all over the internet for something that could disable the stock android notification shade for use with PowerShade, every time I swipe down for Power Shade, I see the stock one for a second. I am willing to do ADB commands, and my phone is rooted if that is needed.

My Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz (OC to 4.45GHz)

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200

Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4S

Storage Device: 2X 1TB WD Blue HDD, 256GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Windows install)

Case: NZXT H510i

Keyboard: Corsair K70 TKL Champion Edition/Reddragon K552 (Blue Switches)

Mouse: Glorious Model O

Headset: Corsair H60 Pro Surround

I think youll have better luck asking on forums like xda or whatever forums dedicated to phone modding

I personally dont have any experience with android 13 so idk what notification shade is, though i am curious about your experience on lineageos since i am looking for a phone that has a community around it so i can run custom recoveries, kernels, roms, root, etc. Cause i am sick of having garbage bloatware and overly conservative cpu governors ruining performance

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I think youll have better luck asking on forums like xda or whatever forums dedicated to phone modding

I personally dont have any experience with android 13 so idk what notification shade is, though i am curious about your experience on lineageos since i am looking for a phone that has a community around it so i can run custom recoveries, kernels, roms, root, etc. Cause i am sick of having garbage bloatware and overly conservative cpu governors ruining performance

Yes, I would absolutely give you some info on lineage. I use LineageOS on the Oneplus 6T (fajita)  and my experience has been amazing! The rooting experience is also very easy!

My Specs:

Storage Device: 2X 1TB WD Blue HDD, 256GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus (Windows install)

47 minutes ago, Jplayz said:

Yes, I would absolutely give you some info on lineage. I use LineageOS on the Oneplus 6T (fajita)  and my experience has been amazing! The rooting experience is also very easy!

Any nitpicks about lineage?

And what did it improve upon when compared to the stock rom?

Im also curious about apps not playing nice with root, last time i had root was on my galaxy a7 2016 thats now got a dead lcd (ill get to fixing that later when i get the money to buy the equipment) and that was magisk root (just flash the root via twrp and install the app). Ive heard about banking apps not playing nice but im only 15 so i kinda dont care about that

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Any nitpicks about lineage?

And what did it improve upon when compared to the stock rom?

Im also curious about apps not playing nice with root, last time i had root was on my galaxy a7 2016 thats now got a dead lcd (ill get to fixing that later when i get the money to buy the equipment) and that was magisk root (just flash the root via twrp and install the app). Ive heard about banking apps not playing nice but im only 15 so i kinda dont care about that

The only real Nitpick that I have is that they dont archive older versions of lineage (Im and android 11  guy) and magisk root is super painless, all you have to do is download the corresponding boot.img file for your lineage os version, patch it in magisk, and flash it to boot_a and boot_b, make sure you google a tutorial specific to your device though.

My Specs:

1 hour ago, Jplayz said:

The only real Nitpick that I have is that they dont archive older versions of lineage (Im and android 11  guy) and magisk root is super painless, all you have to do is download the corresponding boot.img file for your lineage os version, patch it in magisk, and flash it to boot_a and boot_b, make sure you google a tutorial specific to your device though.

For rooting my a7 i simply flashed a file via twrp, then downloaded the app and already rooted and already deleting useless oem garbage via lucky patcher cause for some reason that app works like a secondary application manager aside from its modding capabilities when given root access

So i guess rooting is abit different with lineage os?

Also why would you want an older android version anyways? Im stuck on the shitty stock china rom for this vivo so i purposefully dont update in the hopes of not getting extra bloatware installed and afaik this things running the same version of android as when i first got it which was late 2021 iirc

On 4/22/2023 at 3:01 AM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

For rooting my a7 i simply flashed a file via twrp, then downloaded the app and already rooted and already deleting useless oem garbage via lucky patcher cause for some reason that app works like a secondary application manager aside from its modding capabilities when given root access

So i guess rooting is abit different with lineage os?

Also why would you want an older android version anyways? Im stuck on the shitty stock china rom for this vivo so i purposefully dont update in the hopes of not getting extra bloatware installed and afaik this things running the same version of android as when i first got it which was late 2021 iirc

Sorry About the late response, I prefer android 11 because of the arguably simpler interface, and android 11 always seems to run a bit faster and smoother with less hitches. I also prefer the customization options of android 11 vs 12/13

My Specs:

3 hours ago, Jplayz said:

Sorry About the late response, I prefer android 11 because of the arguably simpler interface, and android 11 always seems to run a bit faster and smoother with less hitches. I also prefer the customization options of android 11 vs 12/13

Ngl 11 is pretty nice with the permission stuff and all but i kinda prefer 8-10 sinply because the scoped storage crap is really fucking annoying for digging through game files, literally forces me to use a laptop