is it worth mining chia coin with ram disk?

so to keep story short...i worked in company where I mange computers and my boss is okay me taking old parts what are not needed anymore for free.

so far i have i like 8t in total in ddr3 and ddr4 ram sticks.

i mean would it worth using them for using chia coin or not?

Chia is pretty much worthless now, and while if you could build a system with 256GB of RAM or more you could make plots in RAM with it you'd still need a few thousands of $ worth of drives to store them.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

No. Chia is based on proof of storage , it doesn't do much read write. Most disks mining Chia only got about 1 write then 1 read in their entire career. RAM is not persistent and has good performance and uses a lot of power (relative to a hard drive that has spin down to save power)

Not to mention the technical aspect, in short, do you have enough RAM slots?

DDR3 reg stick, how big can it be? 16G for reg, 32G for LR. 

A dual socket server can take at most 2 (CPU) x4(channel) x3(DIMM per channel) = 24 sticks. Filled with LRDIMM gets you 768GB. That's a lot of RAM, but not enough for Chia.

DDR4 servers is more scalable . I have seen 64GB sticks. That brings us to about 1.5TB. Still not enough.

64GB DDR3 or 128GB DDR4 server sticks, I think they exist, but have never seen one cheap. If you have those, forget about mining, you will be rich by selling those.

If not those exotic sticks, 32GB ddr3 sticks are around $16. 64GB DDR4 sticks are around $70. For your reference.

Forget about this phantom dream of mining. If I were you, I'd either take the whole servers and setup a homelab and learn some real knowledge, or sell those ram sticks for a few grands.