Help with 360 IP Camera

Hello everyone!

I would kindly ask for advice and help on picking an IP 360 degree camera.

The idea for the camera is to be mounted on the ceiling of a Room and then have it connected to a computer via network, preferably its own application.

There is also need for Two-Way Audio signal. I've found something like the Hikvision PT3 Mini PanoVu, but not sure if a "security" camera is the way to go.

There is going to be an ethernet connection to the camera, but not directly to the computers where it needs to be viewed, they are going to be in a whole separate building.

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated, thanks friends!

You are looking for a WiFi camera, not IP camera. 

Do you want something that always sees 360 degrees or are you okay with camera that can rotate?

10 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You are looking for a WiFi camera, not IP camera. 

Do you want something that always sees 360 degrees or are you okay with camera that can rotate?

I thought its an IP camera because I can use it with an ethernet cable. I need it to be 360 degrees, mostly static image of the whole room.

12 hours ago, VladislavHristov said:

I thought its an IP camera because I can use it with an ethernet cable. I need it to be 360 degrees, mostly static image of the whole room.

I'm not sure if IP cameras work as standalone units, most of them require DVR, I guess there would be some that don't require it. 

15 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I'm not sure if IP cameras work as standalone units, most of them require DVR, I guess there would be some that don't require it. 

IP cameras most definitely can be used as standalone units. The NVR/DVR part you're talking about simplifies multi-camera installations (it creates the cameras' subnet, pulls all the feeds into one device, etc), but an IP camera is no different than any other internet connected device. As long as it's setup for DHCP, or on the same subnet that your router is provided you go static IP for the camera, you just type in the local IP address into a browser, it will ask for username/password, and you're in. For remote viewing you'll have to setup some stuff on your router end more than likely, though it may come with an app that will simplify the process.

What kind of building/room is this for? I know several states have banned HikVision cameras because they are a Chinese company..so just double check you won't be crossing any lines if you go with them. The other thing is if this is for more of a conference/meeting room type application, the audio from a security camera mic and speaker in the camera are pretty garbage. It's good enough for security stuff, but if it's actual meetings and the like, it will be not a great experience. There are more specific meeting/conference room IP cameras that would work better.

7 hours ago, Omon_Ra said:

IP cameras most definitely can be used as standalone units. The NVR/DVR part you're talking about simplifies multi-camera installations (it creates the cameras' subnet, pulls all the feeds into one device, etc), but an IP camera is no different than any other internet connected device. As long as it's setup for DHCP, or on the same subnet that your router is provided you go static IP for the camera, you just type in the local IP address into a browser, it will ask for username/password, and you're in. For remote viewing you'll have to setup some stuff on your router end more than likely, though it may come with an app that will simplify the process.

What kind of building/room is this for? I know several states have banned HikVision cameras because they are a Chinese company..so just double check you won't be crossing any lines if you go with them. The other thing is if this is for more of a conference/meeting room type application, the audio from a security camera mic and speaker in the camera are pretty garbage. It's good enough for security stuff, but if it's actual meetings and the like, it will be not a great experience. There are more specific meeting/conference room IP cameras that would work better.

The brand for our country doesn't matter.

It is going to be used as of somewhat conference stuff, more ofcmany people viewing and hearing whats happening in the room where the camera is going to be placed. The quality of the video and the mic is important for sure. The room isn't going to be big, more like a normal 20-30 sq meters rooms.