Tablet with Stylus for note taking. Lenovo Confusion

Hey,

i am currently looking for a tablet (android) that is suitable for note taking and annotating large pdf files.

I have kind of fallen in love with the Lenovo P11 Pro 2nd Gen, but the fact that the pen that goes with it is out of stock since it was announced more than six months ago i have little hope of ever being able to buy that and i am kind of worried that long reading and staring at the same page for a while might degrade the OLED panel fairly quickly.

The non Pro Version would be an alternative, but no one seems to know what pen works with it, since people have claimed that only certain version of Lenovos Precicion Pen 2 will work... (For some reason there are 3 different once, all with the same name...)

The Yoga Tab 13 also has Stylus support and being bigger would be great for note taking.

My main problem is Stylus support is kind of broad thing. Some are really really bad, others are great. My general premise so far has been that active Pens using AES 2.0 should be all the same, since thats a wacom standart apparently. They should also all work with the same pens.

Lenovos Precision Pen 2 is apparently AES 2.0, and according to lenovo it works with the Yoga Tab 13, however lenovos sales team was unable to confirm any of that. They basically just told me that they are all perfect and i should get whatever i want...

Do you have any other recommendation that i should consider or some insights you want to share with me? I appreciate every bit of information on this since none of the manufacturers seem to give out these information on there own... The last time i used something with a stylus was a Lenovo Thinkpad yoga running windows, and it was terrible.

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂

• 2 months later...

Just in case someone runs into the same questions i did:

The Lenovo Precision Pen 3 is MPP 2.0.

There are at least 3 different Versions of the Precision Pen 2, supporting different protocols but all sold under the same name...

I went with a Lenovo P12 Pro, and the stylus function isn't that great to be honest. Line quality is a bit jittery to the point where you can notice it during writing.

Also Lenovos Sales team is useless. They know even less than i do... I tried both the German and European stores.

If you need recommendations for a new printer (the ones that use paper) you can tag me, i should be able to help 🙂