Fan speed control on Dell Inspiron 16 5620

I own a Dell Inspiron 16 5620 and the laptop gets pretty hot and since it sucks up air from the bottom and pushes it up to cool the laptop my keyboard gets pretty hot. Almost too hot to even touch it.

I was looking around online for help on how to control the fan speed manually but I just couldn't find anything and even third party apps(MSI Afterburner, Argus Monitor) can't seem to do the trick. The fan speed control options on these applications are straight up locked off. 

Can someone help me on this??

50 minutes ago, alwaysdumped said:

I own a Dell Inspiron 16 5620 and the laptop gets pretty hot and since it sucks up air from the bottom and pushes it up to cool the laptop my keyboard gets pretty hot. Almost too hot to even touch it.

I was looking around online for help on how to control the fan speed manually but I just couldn't find anything and even third party apps(MSI Afterburner, Argus Monitor) can't seem to do the trick. The fan speed control options on these applications are straight up locked off. 

Can someone help me on this??

Laptop fan controls are generally locked down and would need either a pot to control or something with firmware control

8 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Laptop fan controls are generally locked down and would need either a pot to control or something with firmware control

Do you know where I could find the relevant guides?

On 4/17/2023 at 2:36 AM, alwaysdumped said:

Do you know where I could find the relevant guides?

Speedfan MIGHT be able to do something, but I doubt it. Fan controls on non-gaming laptops isn't really supported.