Alternatives to Apple SharePlay

My girlfriend is located in Europe while I'm in NA, recently we've found the dynamic of using the shareplay feature in FaceTime rather fun, we can watch content together while interacting with each other and stuff... 

The problem lies in streaming services not having the same content depending on the region (VPNs can solve this but they either make shareplay almost unusable or they streaming service outright blocks traffic) and shareplay in itself can be rather annoying to setup correctly in general. 

I was wondering if there was a viable alternative, tried screen sharing on discord which obviously did not work (unless privateering is my only reliable option) 

So, I've found that disabling hardware acceleration in both Discord and Firefox (main browser that I use, but also works with Chrome) allows me to stream Netflix and whatever I want in Discord, that is I suppose if the issue is just seeing a black screen when you try to stream. Hopefully it works for you! Other than that I'll leave the suggestions to the rest of the folks here.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches