pc not turning on

aledsav1
Go to solution Solved by aledsav1,

haha, yes your are correct, though I was not asking for advice on an after sale issue, maybe I should have included any input re the actual issue is appreciate and not any input.

anyway resloved with a different (450) mobo, seems the prime b450 plus does not like the 5000 series chips even with the bios support, which is a shame as I have another b450 mobo with a 5900x being built now, so am still hoping its that board and not these boards in general

Hey all. big issues with a pc

I sold a pc with:

prime B450 Plus 

ryzen 2600x

16g ddr4 3200

rx 6700 xt etc etc 

All worked perfectly! no issues with any components 

the guy has upgrade to new parts:

5800x3d

16g corasir ddr4 3600 (on the QVL)

updated bios to 4003..(why I dont know it had a 5000 series bios already)

anyway ever since the pc has had issues wouldn't start, started, wouldn't shut down, wouldn't start etc etc

temps perfect, actually cpu is in its 60's (custom loop) gaming and stressed so all good

I checked everything cpu intact, took pressure of cpu incase, moved ram around etc, reflashed the bios...eventually got it all working and was fine for him for about a week, messaged me today saying pc crashed whilst editing a video or similar and had to hard turn it off, and wont turn back on again.

Even with plenty of experience myself I do not know what is causing the issue, new cpu slightly unstable...ram or is mobo giving up, the pc not turning on part is what is throwing me, the mobo leds light up but nothing else, remove power lead, discharge redisue still not turning on, battery etc, only after removing ram installing 1 stick etc do I sometimes eventually get success.

any input appreciated

haha, yes your are correct, though I was not asking for advice on an after sale issue, maybe I should have included any input re the actual issue is appreciate and not any input.

anyway resloved with a different (450) mobo, seems the prime b450 plus does not like the 5000 series chips even with the bios support, which is a shame as I have another b450 mobo with a 5900x being built now, so am still hoping its that board and not these boards in general