Recommendations for gaming table build.

Go to solution Solved by filpo,
26 minutes ago, billabeasta said:

So I would essentially need to connect to the TV and 5 other screens, with the ability to push specific images/ word docs, etc to specific screens for players. Would windows be able to support essentially displaying to a total of 7 displays at once (mine, TV, and player screens) or would something like Linux be better?

coincidentally, windows 10 can support up to 10 displays

Is there any program or logistic set up that would make pushing info to each respective screen easier?

not really, just having multiple gpus would be better

27 minutes ago, billabeasta said:

Essentially an interface where i can select x picture go to say monitor 2 or so on.

windows should already do that by default where you can cast what you want to display on each screen

Problem with your whole thing is idk if you can run multiple different games at the same time

Budget (including currency): initial planning stages- wife hasn't approved anything yet. But loves the idea.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dungeons and dragons, web browsing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I want to build out my physical table to play dungeons and dragons. So horsepower on the computer end is not going to be super crazy. Essentially what the plan is as dungeon master I would like a computer with a screen (i have several laptops as options) on my end which will connect to a TV that will serve as the game board. So the TV will show different landscapes etc. My vision would be to have small monitors at each of the players chairs too. So essentially when something becomes relevant in game, they get unique information, recall info, etc they get it pushed to that monitor. I've seen a few small monitors that I think may work (here's an example: 7 Inch Small Monitor, Raspberry Pi Monitor Built-in Speakers, Mini Monitor 1024 x 600, HDMI Monitor 60 Hz, 5ms, IPS Screen Display w/Remote Control, HDMI VGA AV BNC Input, Computer Monitor,PC Monitor https://a.co/d/grc5LGI this one has sound which is only a plus for noises). The technical part comes in here. So I would essentially need to connect to the TV and 5 other screens, with the ability to push specific images/ word docs, etc to specific screens for players. Would windows be able to support essentially displaying to a total of 7 displays at once (mine, TV, and player screens) or would something like Linux be better? Is there any program or logistic set up that would make pushing info to each respective screen easier? Essentially an interface where i can select x picture go to say monitor 2 or so on. And would a laptop with a dock be capable of running all of the above or would I be better off getting like an old pc/ graphics card and connecting everything that way. For reference I also have the TV (free 55 Inch 4k off fb marketplace), and the project is very much in the planning stages thus far). We also acquired a Dell k16a thunderbolt docking station a little ways back originally for my wifes work, but it didnt work with her work laptop. Right now we don't have a USB c laptop to test if it works, the USB c connector is kinda flimsy but in theory it should would. I also have two extra older hp square monitors I could potentially bring into the mix on the DM side. I appreciate the input!

So I would essentially need to connect to the TV and 5 other screens, with the ability to push specific images/ word docs, etc to specific screens for players. Would windows be able to support essentially displaying to a total of 7 displays at once (mine, TV, and player screens) or would something like Linux be better?

Is there any program or logistic set up that would make pushing info to each respective screen easier?

27 minutes ago, billabeasta said:

Essentially an interface where i can select x picture go to say monitor 2 or so on.

windows should already do that by default where you can cast what you want to display on each screen

Problem with your whole thing is idk if you can run multiple different games at the same time

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, filpo said:

That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much! Also it would be a table top in person game so logistically it would be 1 game max at a time.

13 hours ago, billabeasta said:

That makes a lot of sense, thank you so much! Also it would be a table top in person game so logistically it would be 1 game max at a time.

ok good

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)