4790k one core 100%

Go to solution Solved by Seb_1,
11 minutes ago, Jbosta said:

Yeah i think ill stay with my system for a while. im a casual gamer, but your right thats the way to go with my next upgrade

Theres nothing wrong with it as I said im still rocking one of my old cpus and it does fine.  Just dont expect too much of it in newer games that are more cpu heavy.

Hello forum.

I got a 4790k, its overclocked to 4,7ghz on all cores with 1,265v adaptive and cache on 4,3ghz at 1,205v. static

Got 16gb ddr3 ram xmp 2400mhz (hyper beast)

asrock z97 pro 3 mobo

RTX 3070 asus dual oc (underclocked to 1800mhz at 900ma)

coolermaster 212 hyper (cpu have been delided so it operates under heavyload (gaming) between 59-72 celcius and peaks to around 80 when stress tested (realbench and Intel extreme))

One of the cores on my 4790k stays at 100% after maybe 15min under heavy load like battlefield 2042. even if the other cores dip a little under 80% but mostly stays in the 90's%.

After i leave battlefield 2042, the core winds down.

Is it dangrous and in with case what should i do?

btw sometimes the game shuts down, is it the cpu or the game?

Running 1440p

1 minute ago, Jbosta said:

Hello forum.

I got a 4790k, its overclocked to 4,7ghz on all cores with 1,265v adaptive and cache on 4,3ghz at 1,205v. static

Got 16gb ddr3 ram xmp 2400mhz (hyper beast)

asrock z97 pro 3 mobo

RTX 3070 asus dual oc (underclocked to 1800mhz at 900ma)

coolermaster 212 hyper (cpu have been delided so it operates under heavyload (gaming) between 59-72 celcius and peaks to around 80 when stress tested (realbench and Intel extreme))

One of the cores on my 4790k stays at 100% after maybe 15min under heavy load like battlefield 2042. even if the other cores dip a little under 80% but mostly stays in the 90's%.

After i leave battlefield 2042, the core winds down.

Is it dangrous and in with case what should i do?

btw sometimes the game shuts down, is it the cpu or the game?

Youre fine, you have a rtx 3070 that is being bottlenecked by your 4790K. No wonder its cores are under full stress.

2 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

bottlenecked by your 4790K

Even in my main system (i7-7700k) rtx 3070. the i7 is still is a huge bottleneck. YOu should look into upgrading your cpu (and that will include a new mobo and ram as ddr3 is acient).

Yeah i think ill stay with my system for a while. im a casual gamer, but your right thats the way to go with my next upgrade

11 minutes ago, Jbosta said:

Theres nothing wrong with it as I said im still rocking one of my old cpus and it does fine.  Just dont expect too much of it in newer games that are more cpu heavy.