Computer not booting

I went to turn on my computer and it refused to boot. It shows the loading screen but then goes blank. If I reload the graphics drivers (win ctrl shift B) it just flash white on the screen and then goes back to black. I have exams coming up so I need a fix quickly. Does anyone have advise?

Try to boot it in safe mode. After reseting it few times Windows should start the troubleshooting service that will let you boot into this mode.

8 minutes ago, silakzg said:

Try to boot it in safe mode. After reseting it few times Windows should start the troubleshooting service that will let you boot into this mode.

Hoe do I boot into safe mode if the screen is black. All of the aritcles that I found online told me to press the shift key when turning it off.

2 minutes ago, 1518 said:

Hoe do I boot into safe mode if the screen is black. All of the aritcles that I found online told me to press the shift key when turning it off.

Pressing shift is only half of the way. When you are booting is there a little part at the bottom of the screen that says something like press F12 or DEL to get into bios.

You won't be able to boot into safemode if it's hardware issue. Assuming that's software issue, try to press the restart button few times. If the windows troubleshoot service won't show try different display device or HDMI/VGA/DP port. It would be helpfull if you give more information about your device, is it a pc or a laptop etc.

4 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Pressing shift is only half of the way. When you are booting is there a little part at the bottom of the screen that says something like press F12 or DEL to get into bios.

Yes  and it shows the BIOS

4 minutes ago, silakzg said:

try different display device

Issue is (in a previous post) he said he has a 15-1600kf, so no IGPU

Just now, 1518 said:

Yes  and it shows the BIOS

And you are able to navigate and look around fine without the screen turning black?

4 minutes ago, silakzg said:

You won't be able to boot into safemode if it's hardware issue. Assuming that's software issue, try to press the restart button few times. If the windows troubleshoot service won't show try different display device or HDMI/VGA/DP port. It would be helpfull if you give more information about your device, is it a pc or a laptop etc.

It's a PC I dont know the specs but i think its some kind of Intel I3 no grapcis card. I think its a software problem as I can boot into the BIOS. It only has one HDMI port.

1 minute ago, Seb_1 said:

And you are able to navigate and look around fine without the screen turning black?

Yes

Just now, 1518 said:

Yes

Alright sounds like a windows/driver issue. When you get into windows if it instantly turns black then try power cycling it a couple times when it is booting, then power cycle it 3 times (turn it off and on again) when it is booting into windows. This will get you into windows recovery and you should be able to access boot options and then choose safe mode (make sure its the one with networking) and then you can re-install your gpu drivers.

You may aswell wipe them with DDU to ensure a clean install.

DOnt hesitate to ask at any time, were here to help.

2 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Alright sounds like a windows/driver issue. When you get into windows if it instantly turns black then try power cycling it a couple times when it is booting, then power cycle it 3 times (turn it off and on again) when it is booting into windows. This will get you into windows recovery and you should be able to access boot options and then choose safe mode (make sure its the one with networking) and then you can re-install your gpu drivers.

You may aswell wipe them with DDU to ensure a clean install.

DOnt hesitate to ask at any time, were here to help.

I have tried power cycling but nothing happens

Just now, 1518 said:

I have tried power cycling but nothing happens

So power cycling more than three times and you get no output from your display?

When you are loading do you even get the spinny dots when loading into windows?

1 minute ago, Seb_1 said:

So power cycling more than three times and you get no output from your display?

When you are loading do you even get the spinny dots when loading into windows?

I get the spinning dots. Then the screen goes black

Just now, 1518 said:

I get the spinning dots. Then the screen goes black

Ok, so youre getting somewhere. Can you confirm your cpu is the I5-9600KF (specifically the one with the F) so we know if you have an integrated graphics card.

As what im going to get to do next is try a different GPU or use integrated graphics.

2 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Ok, so youre getting somewhere. Can you confirm your cpu is the I5-9600KF (specifically the one with the F) so we know if you have an integrated graphics card.

As what im going to get to do next is try a different GPU or use integrated graphics.

It's a i5-7400 no F

49 minutes ago, 1518 said:

It's a i5-7400 no F

Oh great then. Take your GPU out of your case and plug your display cable in to your motherboard.

Sry for the late response i didnt get pinged.

11 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Oh great then. Take your GPU out of your case and plug your display cable in to your motherboard.

Sry for the late response i didnt get pinged.

I dont have a GPU the HDMI is alrealdy plugged into the motherboard

Just now, 1518 said:

I dont have a GPU the HDMI is alrealdy plugged into the motherboard

So the whole time you had the cable plugged into the motherboard?

Just now, Seb_1 said:

So the whole time you had the cable plugged into the motherboard?

Yes. I have always had it like that

1 minute ago, 1518 said:

Yes. I have always had it like that

Great. Please say that at the start so it helps us so we dont think you have a dedicated graphics card.

Have you tried pulling your CMOS battery (the little battery you can remove on your motherboard). If not then turn off your computer (also unplug it) pull out the CMOS battery and press the power button a couple times. Wait a minute then put the battery back in and tell us what happend.

9 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Great. Please say that at the start so it helps us so we dont think you have a dedicated graphics card.

Have you tried pulling your CMOS battery (the little battery you can remove on your motherboard). If not then turn off your computer (also unplug it) pull out the CMOS battery and press the power button a couple times. Wait a minute then put the battery back in and tell us what happend.

Should I press F1?

image.jpg

Just now, 1518 said:

Should I press F1?

image.jpg

Yes, it just takes you to bios. Then try booting into windows.

9 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Yes, it just takes you to bios. Then try booting into windows.

When it booted it came to this screen I tried to go into troubleshoot, advanced options, and then start up settings. But it boots back to that screen.

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, 1518 said:

When it booted it came to this screen I tried to go into troubleshoot, advanced options, and then start up settings. But it boots back to that screen.

image.jpg

Try pressung continue