Psu choise

zadius

So, Im upgrading my pc soon and idk what psu I should get. Im not from the USA so most of the models aren't really available. I'll get something like a rx 6600, 16gb ram, ssd, hdd and a ryzen 5 3600. I guess I need something that has around 500w, but if anyone can check if any of these are actually worth buying I would really appreciate it. 

This is the website

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

ms core m500

12v rail is 40a so 480w, should suffice for your system

Also get a ryzen 5500 over a 3600 unless you can find a cheap used 3600

Yes it is cheaper, but are you sure its a good idea for him to get a no-name psu brand.

At least get a name brand like this

5 minutes ago, Seb_1 said:

Yes it is cheaper, but are you sure its a good idea for him to get a no-name psu brand.

At least get a name brand like this

Oh wow you actually found a good deal on one

In that case yes get that instead, i dont base my psu reccomendations on branding nor any tier lists, just looking at the wattage table and reviews/reports, if the psu is single rail, said 12v rail is (roughly) equal to the psus rating, and no reports indicating reliability issues (explosions, random death), then i deem the psu suitable

Thats the logic i currently use and so far no issues with my dazumba 450w (aside from the connectors falling apart but i think thats age related since this things like 12 years old now), just got a dsa ii 550w bronze unit for 12$ (effective 500w due to 42a 12v rating) and ill be using it to power a 6 core e5645 (oc to 4.2-4.5g depending on how good its bin is) and rx 580 8gb so ill see how that goes and hopefully i didnt underspec the psu otherwise ill have to buy another one

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Oh wow you actually found a good deal on one

In that case yes get that instead, i dont base my psu reccomendations on branding nor any tier lists, just looking at the wattage table and reviews/reports, if the psu is single rail, said 12v rail is (roughly) equal to the psus rating, and no reports indicating reliability issues (explosions, random death), then i deem the psu suitable

Thats the logic i currently use and so far no issues with my dazumba 450w (aside from the connectors falling apart but i think thats age related since this things like 12 years old now), just got a dsa ii 550w bronze unit for 12$ (effective 500w due to 42a 12v rating) and ill be using it to power a 6 core e5645 (oc to 4.2-4.5g depending on how good its bin is) and rx 580 8gb so ill see how that goes and hopefully i didnt underspec the psu otherwise ill have to buy another one

Yea like this is fine. Since you are familiar with pcs and can diagnose whats wrong with it its fine to get a cheap psu. But for newcomers its better just to get something thats going to work for now, plus I am kinda skeptical about no name brands as I have had the magic smoke escape from a few new cheap psus.

So I should get a corsair one, I also found this one idk if it is good or not, but I found it on the psu tier list.

1 hour ago, zadius said:

So I should get a corsair one, I also found this one idk if it is good or not, but I found it on the psu tier list.

Its good but overpriced when compared to the corsair that @Seb_1 reccomended, the 80+ rating dont matter that much

Again tier lists are simply references for good psus, not the end all be all as i myself have clearly demonstrated using an ancient 12 year old psu that youd find in an old internet cafe pc, i personally dislike them as any psu that will work with the parts you chose is a suitable psu no matter the arbitrary tier it falls in, doesnt need to be top tier especially when it leads you to waste money on differences that are not noticable at all in the real world

Tldr im not a specsheet nerd

2 hours ago, Seb_1 said:

Yea like this is fine. Since you are familiar with pcs and can diagnose whats wrong with it its fine to get a cheap psu. But for newcomers its better just to get something thats going to work for now, plus I am kinda skeptical about no name brands as I have had the magic smoke escape from a few new cheap psus.

You mean china psus? Yea avoid those at all costs, also had a similar experience with a no brand psu blowing up on me

but any oem psus like the one that i use or any of those korea branded ones (ex rexcool, powerex, etc.) Definitely wont catch on fire or anything, you are mostly safe if you buy a used unit with oem brand or odd brand since they arent cheap china junk and wont explode on you, real danger is new china psus with either no brand or branding such as bionic, imperion, etc. Anything thats just a plain black psu

2 hours ago, zadius said:

just get the corsair one. It will do the job.