Steam Deck vs Switch

Go to solution Solved by FrowningHippo,

I own both a Steamdeck and a Switch. I have run an emulator on the steamdeck before. It performs the same as any game. Batterylife is just mediocre. Expect about 3 to 4 hours on a full battery at most. 1:30 to 2 hours is more likely. As for the Switch. The battery life isn't that much better on any of the models. It just comes with the portability. But being able to play Nintendo games natively really is a nice feat. 

Overall, I am more happy with my Switch as a portable device. The SteamDeck simply is bulkier (although a bit more comfortable to hold). Based on what you are saying in this topic. I think the Switch is more value. Although, do keep in mind. It's been out for quite a few years. So don't be upset if it gets replaced in like a year. In that way the SteamDeck is perhaps better value. But only time can tell.

Hi guys,

I've been planning to buy a handheld. I am stuck between Steam Deck and Switch. If I buy Steam Deck, I will use it mainly as a switch and gamecube emulator and accasionally some AAA games such as Elden Ring. I would like to know the battery usage when I use it as an emulator. If it's not much better than Switch's I'll buy the Switch. I am not planning to play the latest games or play something with 4k graphics.

I could use some help.  

If you mainly want to play Nintendo games, go for the Switch

You can play AAA games on you main setup (if you have one)

I sometimes wonder how we went to space on only 4KB RAM, and we cannot fix a simple issue.

I own both a Steamdeck and a Switch. I have run an emulator on the steamdeck before. It performs the same as any game. Batterylife is just mediocre. Expect about 3 to 4 hours on a full battery at most. 1:30 to 2 hours is more likely. As for the Switch. The battery life isn't that much better on any of the models. It just comes with the portability. But being able to play Nintendo games natively really is a nice feat. 

Overall, I am more happy with my Switch as a portable device. The SteamDeck simply is bulkier (although a bit more comfortable to hold). Based on what you are saying in this topic. I think the Switch is more value. Although, do keep in mind. It's been out for quite a few years. So don't be upset if it gets replaced in like a year. In that way the SteamDeck is perhaps better value. But only time can tell.

The reason for my question is that I used to have a switch and I was happy with it. I needed some money so I had to sell it. Now I have enough money to buy one. I gues I will buy switch oled thanks 

😀