Yes, ChatGPT will take your job. Hallelujah.

mykeworthy

I've been seeing a bunch of people asking about if the Rise in AI will cost them their jobs. And while much of what will ultimately be possible is largely up in the air, one thing you can confirm is that many jobs will be phased out by AI. And I'm here to say, this is not a bad thing. At least not in the long run.

Though I'm not one of those people convinced that it will also lead to a utopia, as we are FAR FAR FARSCAPE from that. Because for every household with a robot to do all their work for them, someone is making that robot in a factory and not being paid enough to do so. To get there, it will take making robots that can make robots that can make robot making robots that can be serviced by robots that can serviced by robots made by robot making robots in a robot run robot making factory. (Are you tired of hearing your inner voice say robot yet? Robot Robot Robot Robot Robot. It doesn't even look like a real word anymore)

No, I'm of the "I have studied the long and arduous human record of history" type and am fully aware the "THEY TOOK ER JOBS" shtick has been running in the background of the human experience before we could even say the sentence "THEY TOOK ER JOBS." And I have a hard time believing that this is the technology that will finally drive humans to eternal unemployment line in the sky.

Technology is not, as much as my fellow millennials might like to believe, just things that run on ones and zeros. There was a time that the largest technological innovation was the Gutenberg Moveable Type Printing Press. And if you think that didn't put some 15th century monks out of business, I have a bridge to sell you. But for every job taken out of the friar, there were more jobs available. There were still a need for people to man the printing press, to bind the books, sell them, the more readily available books meant overall literacy was to increase, so Teaching became less of a luxury, so more teachers were needed and so on. The current education complex owes it's entire existence to one man just trying to put the bible into more hands. Checkmate Atheists.

And this story is told time and time again. Until the 1950's there was literally a common job in cities called a knocker-up, who would wake people by hitting their windows. The increasing ease in manufacturing of clocks made them cheaper, making them easier to obtain, putting these people out of business, so now, people only need a knocker-up when their biological clock starts ticking. I worked at a Target that put in self checkout counters. One week after, we cut four cashier jobs. Six months later, our overall staff increased by ten. Something about not having to interact with people made them more likely to come into store for smaller purchases and increased our need for stockers both in the back and out on the floor. Introverts for the win, apparently.

In a completely humanist stand point, AI can have a very positive change for humanity, and will lead to more and better jobs than what we have now... Though there is a small wrinkle. While the glass is totally half full, there is a dead fly in it.

And that's the fact there will be a transient period, before these new jobs exist. Many may lose their jobs, be forced into jobs that they are overqualified for. And that is a tragedy. Even looking to a bright future, we should acknowledge this. But again, that is nothing new. People have been moved to seemingly "lower" jobs across all fields, but soon, those make way to better jobs as the standard of living goes up.

So if your jobs is threaten by AI, don't think your chance to put food on the table for yourself and your family is gone. It may be rough times, and I'll drink a beer with you and commiserate, but things will be okay.

Because if there is two things humans have proven about ourselves over the thousands of years we've lived on this planet, they are that we will consistently try and put ourselves out of a job, and we will be consistently bad at it

This is unmistakably profound 

I try to be a human, but I cannot, because I have returned to monke.

Spoiler

Hehe boi

Spoiler

POV- when it can run crysis-

( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)

well the rich are all powerful as we see moeny is just printed and is not tied to any kinda of commodity they they made use think it was. the poor left to rot well the rich left to do w/e they want just in a more controlled way. robots will take jobs. no idea what the poor will do, more drugs, forced in to cheap labor, passably forced to fight a fake war...

but if you look at whats coming dose not sound grate. do you really want to have a smart tostor were you have to watch an ad to use...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

This take downplays the period of time where more and more people will be replaced by AI faster than can be created new jobs leading to a mass unemployment that cannot be addressed without something like UBI or similar welfare programs.

Something that practically no people in power talk about seriously. It's an academic curiosity at best with a few proven studies that show it works while capitalism screams that it can't possibly work.

Times don't just get tough when you lose your job. They can destroy you depending on where you live. The luddites had it right. They didn't fear machines due to the replacement of them in labour, they feared no reconciliation of their lost jobs while the rich got richer and they were right. That's still the case today. If you aren't going to provide for the possibly millions who are going to lose their jobs overnight then you will head for another recession or in worse case civil war and bloody rebellion.

We've been there before. We are doomed to repeat it at this rate.

Think of all the typewriter manufacturers that will be out of a job eternally. Because it is impossible for them or their children to find other productive work. Better we stop this new computer thing before it brings poverty to the masses 

Or all the pony express employees that will be eternally unemployed if we allow that telegraph thing. I bet they all are still collecting unemployment.....

Every time a better technology comes out, the luddites predict poverty. But for some reason our living standard keeps rising. Today, any burger flipper can have a car, AC, Internet, fly in an airplane etc. 100 years ago you had to be an industrial tycoon to have AC or a car as good as modern ones (not even that good). 

Weren't we all supposed to lose our jobs when the Internet started? When will that happen?

Most mainstream articles i see are worse than the ones created by AI. Most if those parrots ( I mean writers) deserve to lose their current job and should move on to actuality productive work.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

I keep hearing how this will ultimately be a good thing, but nothing about how the world runs or has ever run, suggests that the average Joe won't be worse off for it. Automation will probably take a lot of people's jobs away, but I've seen nothing in my 30-odd years of Average Joe existence that suggests that we'll be somehow well/comfortably provided for and taken care of by "the powers that be."

A much more realistic take I've heard people speak of is probably "you're the carbon they want to eliminate..."

Razer Blade 14 (RZ09-0508x): AMD Ryzen 9 8945HS, nVidia GeForce RTX 4070, 64 GB 5200 DDR5, Win11 Pro [Workhorse/Gaming]

Apple MacBook Pro 14 (A2442): Apple M1 Pro APU (8 Core), 16 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3 [Creative Rig]

Samsung GalaxyBook Pro (NP930QDB-KF4CA): Intel Core i7-1165G7, 16 GB DDR4, Win11 Pro [WinTablet]

HP Envy 15-k257ca: Intel Core i5 5200U, nVidia GeForce 840M, 16GB 1600 DDR3, Win7 Pro [Retro]

Toshiba Satellite A70-S2591:  Intel Pentium 4 538, ATI Radeon 9000 IGP, 1.5 GB DDR RAM, WinXP Pro [Antique]