HP-14cm0095au, confusing DC and Battery issue

ErupiJC
Go to solution Solved by Remixt,
  1. Check the DC power jack: Inspect the DC power jack on your laptop for any signs of damage or looseness. If you notice any issue, it might need to be repaired or replaced.

2. Check the AC adapter: Use a multimeter to test the voltage output of your AC adapter to ensure it's providing the correct voltage for your laptop. If the voltage is not within the acceptable range, you may need to replace the adapter.

3. Check the new battery: Although the battery is new, it's possible that it could be faulty. If you have access to another compatible battery, try using it with your laptop to see if the problem persists. If not, you might need to replace the new battery.

4. Update BIOS: Some laptops may require a BIOS update to properly recognize and charge new batteries. Check your laptop manufacturer's website for any BIOS updates specific to your model.

5. Perform a hardware reset: Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Reconnect the AC adapter and battery, and try powering on the laptop.

Hello LTT forum techs, I've been confused for hours on what's the source of the problem regarding my laptop. Here's a simple breakdown.

1. When both battery and DC is plugged in, battery is not charged or laptop is using DC power to power on

2. Laptop powers on normally with just DC on and battery removed from laptop

3. When I first tried connecting DC power, and then slowly slot in battery, amber light lits up which means the battery is charging. However once i pull out the DC cable and reinsert it back, no white or amber light lit, Either way PC does not turn on after.

4. Turning on laptop with just battery power results on triple white led blink on battery side (Shows battery is low power based on quick google search)

A note that the battery is brand new one i just bought 2 days ago. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

1. Check the DC power jack: Inspect the DC power jack on your laptop for any signs of damage or looseness. If you notice any issue, it might need to be repaired or replaced.

2. Check the AC adapter: Use a multimeter to test the voltage output of your AC adapter to ensure it's providing the correct voltage for your laptop. If the voltage is not within the acceptable range, you may need to replace the adapter.

3. Check the new battery: Although the battery is new, it's possible that it could be faulty. If you have access to another compatible battery, try using it with your laptop to see if the problem persists. If not, you might need to replace the new battery.

4. Update BIOS: Some laptops may require a BIOS update to properly recognize and charge new batteries. Check your laptop manufacturer's website for any BIOS updates specific to your model.

5. Perform a hardware reset: Unplug the AC adapter and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Reconnect the AC adapter and battery, and try powering on the laptop.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

5th does the trick and laptop now charges and powers up normally. Much appreciated 😃