JIS and Gamebit Kits for the Screwdriver?

CurryMantou

As it turns out the Nintendo Switch requires a very specific type of plus screw driver aside from the triwing. Not many brands sell this type, even the ifixit kit doesn't include this time, and I have stripped my Switch with it! I bought a kit off Amazon that did open my Switch, and reviews mention JIS screwdrivers are also used to fix motorcycles.

On last Friday's WAN Show, Linus discussed the possibility of bit kits that go with the LTT Screwdriver. So my question is, are JIS and Gamebits (the ones used in SNES games and consoles) part of that pipeline?

15 hours ago, CurryMantou said:

As it turns out the Nintendo Switch requires a very specific type of plus screw driver aside from the triwing. Not many brands sell this type, even the ifixit kit doesn't include this time, and I have stripped my Switch with it! I bought a kit off Amazon that did open my Switch, and reviews mention JIS screwdrivers are also used to fix motorcycles.

On last Friday's WAN Show, Linus discussed the possibility of bit kits that go with the LTT Screwdriver. So my question is, are JIS and Gamebits (the ones used in SNES games and consoles) part of that pipeline?

It's on our radar!

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to add another vote for JIS and gamebits. I use JIS a lot for imported arcade gear, and nintendo style triwing gamebits would be a godsend

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to add my interest in JIS and gamebits. Would be amazing to have.

MAIN: i9 13900k @5.8 Ghz - Asus Z790 Maximus Extreme - Corsair Dominator 64GB 7200mhz - Asus Rog RTX 4090 OC 24gb - 4TB Crucial T700, 2TB WD Black, 8TB HDD, Corsair AX1600 - Corsair iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT Display 420mm Liquid CPU Cooler - Phanteks Enthoo 719

LATOP: i7 10700k , RTX 2070 (ASUS ROG G15)

LTT MERCH I OWN: 6x Screwdrivers, 1x Backpack, 1x Tech Pouch, 3x CPU Pillows, 5x Water Bottles

• 2 weeks later...

@LMGcommunity

I'd like to add the need for nintendo bits. I recently purchased the retro theme ltt screwdriver and have a fairly big gripe that you didn't swap some of the bits out like you did for the noctuna fans theme.

now Im searching the web for nintendo bits in 1/4 in I have 2 sets already in 1/8th in. Ive found the necessary game bits in 1/4 in just having problems finding the tri-wing.

I would really appreciate a "that person" or "I know a person" set for swapping joy cons with stick drift or changing dead batteries out of system or game carts

So looking and looking I could not find 20mm 1/4 drive tri wing bit set anywhere on a quick 30 min search that wasn't helpful. (Really hate how search engines work these days)

But then I was like ImA mAkeR and after 10 failed attempts at making a 4mm to 1/4 in hex adapter. I got her done. Also turns out my game bit had 1/4 in half way down so I grinder her in half. Now I have no gripe but it'd still be kinda nice if you made a nintendo themed bit set. Tho totally get the logistics of a quick search

20240311_221237.jpg

20240311_221351.jpg