how to set up a folding at home account to win points for the ltt team

Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

If you have created a passkey and entered it into the client, then you're good to go. You don't need to create an account.

If you want to set it up on another PC you simply have to download the software, install it and enter your name, passkey and teamnumber again. That's it.

Btw.: If you want a (imo) better interface to work with, right click the little F@H icon in your taskbar and open the advanced view:

image.png.cd36379bf2664a6a89752bd262db63da.png

Within the settings (click "configure") you can check your passkey, name and team number:

image.png.ea2eef78479e2483e2364ad2916ea69e.png

Oh and one more thing.
@GOTSpectrumusually does a Folding@Home Event near the end of each year, in which you can win prices and have some friendly banter with the community. 😉 

Here's last year's event: 

hi i have been trying to set up folding at home and i have got the web thingy open but i dont think i have made a account even though i have entered a pass key. another question of mine is how to set it up on a nother pc (that i might dedicate to folding at home) to win points for my same account????

thank you

image.thumb.png.ad545c21cea3311a5649f21d0253d951.png

If you have created a passkey and entered it into the client, then you're good to go. You don't need to create an account.

If you want to set it up on another PC you simply have to download the software, install it and enter your name, passkey and teamnumber again. That's it.

Btw.: If you want a (imo) better interface to work with, right click the little F@H icon in your taskbar and open the advanced view:

Within the settings (click "configure") you can check your passkey, name and team number:

Oh and one more thing.
@GOTSpectrumusually does a Folding@Home Event near the end of each year, in which you can win prices and have some friendly banter with the community. 😉 

9 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Oh and one more thing.

hi thank you for the reply that has clarrified things. i dont see folding at home on my task bar. i am using the web version. is there a non web interface that i can use. (im asuming you mean task bar as in the bit with the winows and search button)

thank you

2 minutes ago, Tomberry said:

hi thank you for the reply that has clarrified things. i dont see folding at home on my task bar. i am using the web version. is there a non web interface that i can use. (im asuming you mean task bar as in the bit with the winows and search button)

thank you

I meant this:

image.png.b77dcc61d785d1ab0177db58787a227a.png

The F@H icon is in the top left corner 🙂 

The web version is really just an overlay. In the background you'll always have the app running.

38 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Oh and one more thing.
@GOTSpectrumusually does a Folding@Home Event near the end of each year, in which you can win prices and have some friendly banter with the community

theres usually multiple events a year, at least 2 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

26 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I meant this:

The web version is really just an overlay. In the background you'll always have the app running.

also don't forget the folding in the dark extension made by @LAR_Systems

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 hours ago, Senzelian said:

I meant this:

how do i see how many points i have???

56 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Best website for checking your stats is this one:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/

Select "User Name" on the left side of the page and type in your Username.

image.png.925cd0439529bdf353476a5150e5bd7c.png

image.png.89bf2264a92c1c684fbe0211170d2837.pngto set up my used name i just typed it  into identity. where it says change identity. i dont think i have set it up correctly.

image.png.6c7f44e92a84b0b0f68e7803977f014f.png

6 hours ago, Tomberry said:

name i just typed it  into identity. where it says change identity. i dont think i have set it up correctly.

It takes some time until the changes are reflected on their stats page. Takes about 1 or 2 days.

1 hour ago, Senzelian said:

It takes some time until the changes are reflected on their stats page. Takes about 1 or 2 days.

k cheers for all the help.