PS5 Controller acting strange on Windows11?

Flux Azreal

I have a ps5 controller and when I connect it via bluetooth it doesn't work on this game called Vampire: The Masquerade - bloodhunt and same with this other one called Stray, though Stray works with the ps5 controller when plugged in with a cable, though nothing work with Vampire: The Masquerade and I don't know what the issue is, both games and like any other ones I play they all have full controller support and I know other people use ps5 controllers with them, though my xbox controller works with all these controller-supported games perfectly, I'd like to use my ps5 one a bit more since it fits my hand a little better, but I don't know whats wrong with it, idk if it's windows 11, my configurations, game support and I don't know how to check what's wrong, is there any way I can test if my controller is fully connected and see if it works perfectly? Or is there something else I can try? Also when I go to steam's big picture mode my ps5 controller works up untill I start the Vampire Masquerade game, what should I do?

I've never been able to get my PS5 controller to work outside of Steam Big Picture. I always end up just switching back to my old DS4 with the third party software that just emulates it as an Xbox controller. I mean, it's Microsoft, they've never been super supportive of dual shock controllers on Windows (Sony being a direct competitor and all). BUT that sounds like a game issue honestly, especially if it works in other games on steam. I would try reaching out to their support directly if you can.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

3 hours ago, m1lk3y said:

I've never been able to get my PS5 controller to work outside of Steam Big Picture. I always end up just switching back to my old DS4 with the third party software that just emulates it as an Xbox controller. I mean, it's Microsoft, they've never been super supportive of dual shock controllers on Windows (Sony being a direct competitor and all). BUT that sounds like a game issue honestly, especially if it works in other games on steam. I would try reaching out to their support directly if you can.

I ended up getting it to work by going into Steam > Settings > Controller > General Controller Settings > Checking PlayStation Configuration Support  image.thumb.png.4946cdae5ca554596fbe33e651589ceb.png