Issues with used RX570 GPU - should I return it or try to fix it?

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used RX570 GPU from a local store for gaming purposes. At the time of purchase, I tested it in FurMark for 15 minutes and it worked fine. However, when I ran the same stress test for about 2 minutes after taking it home, the GPU lost signal, even though the temperature was only around 70deg and the average wattage was 90w. The PSU is an unknown brand named aigo ck 500 500w, and the CPU is i5 4590s. The GPU's fan was still spinning at full speed, but the display showed no signal. Two connectors were plugged in, one for the GPU and one for the iGPU. When I hit the reset button, it booted up, but the RX570 was not showing up on the device manager, although the GPU's fan was still spinning at max speed.

I tried starting up the PC again, and it worked fine, but the same issue occurred when I ran FurMark. Upon further investigation, I found out that the GPU was previously used for mining crypto, and the seller restored the original BIOS before selling it to me.

I'm not sure whether I should return the GPU for a replacement or try to fix it myself. Has anyone had a similar experience with a used GPU? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Card is 6 years old and if it has been used for mining then the die could have some issues as it will have been running 24/7 in a mining rig. I would just take it back as to be honest it is not a very good card to begin with and only has 4 gig memory which is too low for a ton of games unless your just running simple non  graphically demanding games etc.

On 4/1/2023 at 11:43 PM, HoangDepTraiBoDoiTHe said:

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a used RX570 GPU from a local store for gaming purposes. At the time of purchase, I tested it in FurMark for 15 minutes and it worked fine. However, when I ran the same stress test for about 2 minutes after taking it home, the GPU lost signal, even though the temperature was only around 70deg and the average wattage was 90w. The PSU is an unknown brand named aigo ck 500 500w, and the CPU is i5 4590s. The GPU's fan was still spinning at full speed, but the display showed no signal. Two connectors were plugged in, one for the GPU and one for the iGPU. When I hit the reset button, it booted up, but the RX570 was not showing up on the device manager, although the GPU's fan was still spinning at max speed.

I tried starting up the PC again, and it worked fine, but the same issue occurred when I ran FurMark. Upon further investigation, I found out that the GPU was previously used for mining crypto, and the seller restored the original BIOS before selling it to me.

I'm not sure whether I should return the GPU for a replacement or try to fix it myself. Has anyone had a similar experience with a used GPU? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Just double check your bios version Incase the seller flashed wrong or old version 

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?architecture=AMD&manufacturer=&model=RX+570&version=&interface=&memType=&memSize=&since=

Also if your GPU has bios switch try the second bios installed on it.