What is the best upgrade to make?

CPop

Budget (including currency): 200-600 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Diablo 4, Hogwarts Legacy, CS:GO

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This is my current setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155

CPU: i5-3570K

GPU: GTX 670 FTW

yes... very old.

I am not a big gamer, although there are a few I would like to play. I have 1080p monitors that I do not plan to upgrade, so no crazy resolution requirements. Due to budget constraints, I am unsure of how I should upgrade my system. Do I upgrade motherboard and CPU making the overall system more future proof, but not getting a big FPS boost until I can afford new GPU? One other path I was considering was upgrading GPU to GTX 1660 Super, which I've read would pair nicely with i5-3570K or i7-3770K (if I decide to upgrade CPU). I don't want to create any crazy bottlenecks but I don't think that will be problem given my budget. 

I added Hogwarts Legacy to the games list, but I've heard it is an intensive game. It's not a deal breaker but I'd even enjoy just playing at all low settings at 1080p, could the 1660 super even handle that?

36 minutes ago, CPop said:

This is my current setup:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155

CPU: i5-3570K

GPU: GTX 670 FTW

yes... very old.

Yeah, very old indeed. I definitely second just getting in a i7-3770K, and then going with used 5700XT. That would be the best bang for the buck scenario for all-used parts right now, if you wanna see what you can get for double, check RTX 2080 Super.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.