Near constant choppiness every half second or so

So I've been dealing with this for a while now, a few months or so. But sometime during the summer I did an nvidia driver update with geforce experience then the choppiness started. It appears in games and videos, it's only visual. I've tried quite a few things, reformatted at least twice, but it always starts again when I update my drivers. It doesn't do it when the driver is removed, or even during the mid-way point of a clean install update through geforce. The best way I can illustrate the choppiness is by drawing swirls in a drawing program, here's some pics in paint for reference.

I know my way around a pc for the most part, but I'm by no means at the level of some/most of you guys so figured I'd finally ask for help instead of just smacking my head against a wall and not finding any fixes on ye olde innernette. Thanks in advance.

PC Specs:

• Windows 10 64bit ver 22H2
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4008 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
  • BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 1302, 2018-03-15
  • BIOS Mode Legacy
  • Mobo STRIX Z270E GAMING
  • RAM 32gb Trident Z RGB at 3000mhz (4 slots of 8gb)
  • OS Drive: Samsung 960 EVO 250gb

The picture with "clean" loops is midway through a clean update of my drivers, the other one is basically my new normal.

Spoiler

Midway through the update with the clean-install option.

Midway through gfx driver update.png

Spoiler

My new normal

1337355989_Afterandbeforegfxdriverupdate.thumb.png.1d046006d3850c1f1c002a93c8ac1416.png

HAve you tried running a full DDU on your system?

There may be something that isn't getting cleaned up properly on a reinstall that DDU could fix.  

25 minutes ago, tkitch said:

HAve you tried running a full DDU on your system?

There may be something that isn't getting cleaned up properly on a reinstall that DDU could fix.  

I installed DDU and went into safe mode, did a clean with the default settings and it started up again after windows did its driver install. So noticing that I tried again with the setting that disables windows' auto driver thing, and after installing through geforce again the choppiness came back. Didn't know about DDU though, thanks for the suggestion!