Can't delete font from Windows

Cookie0810
Go to solution Solved by Cookie0810,

Got to the bottom of it, the font was activated in Adobe Creative Cloud. I deactivated in CC and it disappeared from the fonts in Windows.

Thanks for your help.

Cookie

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble removing a font from Windows so I'm going to try to explain the process I've been through as clearly as possible!

So you can see here that I have Poppins installed on my laptop. It isn't the full version of the font so I want to remove it and then install the full version. You can see below there are seven versions of the font, but I don't have the option to uninstall them and there is no install location listed:

image.png.c4629ac30c4d6a936ea674c1ab74c48d.png

You can see the font is not listed in the Windows fonts folder either.

image.thumb.png.ba4ee0dc8295b64ff298770cdfa0d786.png

I've searched everywhere on the PC, I've used the Windows Explorer search function to search for Poppins on my whole C drive and it brings back no results. You'll see I have a couple of company folders synced as well but I've also searched them for the font and it's not there.

Is there anywhere else I should look or is there another way for me to remove the font?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cookie

30 minutes ago, Cookie0810 said:

I've searched everywhere on the PC

And not Control Panel? The old font management menu is still there, you just need to open control panel, or use godmode file shortcut if you are that kind of weirdo.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Wrong font folder location.

You have installed it for All Users, so it is under: C:\Windows\Fonts

3 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

And not Control Panel? The old font management menu is still there, you just need to open control panel, or use godmode file shortcut if you are that kind of weirdo.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Wrong font folder location.

You have installed it for All Users, so it is under: C:\Windows\Fonts

The font doesn't appear in the control panel or C:\Windows\Fonts 😞

Any other ideas?

4 minutes ago, Cookie0810 said:

The font doesn't appear in the control panel or C:\Windows\Fonts 😞

Any other ideas?

It probably has a different file name.

Under Windows 11, I know you can not only have an "Uninstall" button under the Settings panel for Fonts, but you can also see the file name and installed path.

In your case, it would be up to you to do manual investigation on the file name and search the system to know where the font is installed.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It probably has a different file name.

Under Windows 11, I know you can not only have an "Uninstall" button under the Settings panel for Fonts, but you can also see the file name and installed path.

We do have than in Win 10 for fonts installed by the user. I'll keep looking around but struggling to find someone who has experienced the same issue!

image.png.051d98f3d42f2f7dc13e4fb9e9e38266.png

Got to the bottom of it, the font was activated in Adobe Creative Cloud. I deactivated in CC and it disappeared from the fonts in Windows.

Thanks for your help.

Cookie