Used Logitech G29 market.

Marinos Karp

I am interested in buying a used Logitech G29 from Facebook Marketplace since it's a good sim wheel and affordable. BUT, with every used market purchase there's a risk. That being said, I was wondering. What are the most common faults in the G29 that I should look for upon inspecting? Plus as a safe choice around the same money I can buy a new Thrustmaster T150 which I chose in case FM sellers seem sketchy and I choose to play it safe. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Marinos Karp said:

What are the most common faults in the G29 that I should look for upon inspecting?

The internal gears, screw mounting points, and the USB cable. Those are very common points to fail, the former usually would cause the force feedback to not work or just looping itself, the screw mounts are metal on plastic so sometimes case failures happened if the users are an idiot and overtighten it, and the USB cable are integrated so wear and tear could get to it and kill itself in which case youll need to recreate your own USB cable.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

The gears/motors inside, the mounts for the desk, and cable are all things that can fail pretty easily. Make sure to check the ends of the pedal connectors specifically, since they use an older VGA looking connector that has pins that can very easily get bent or broken. Also, consider bringing an old laptop with the Logitech G-Software installed, even if you don't have an outlet to plug the power adapter into, seeing if it pops up when you plug the USB cable in is a good sign of it working (and the cable not being broken). It obviously won't fully turn on without the power brick but it should still get recognized by Windows iirc.

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"