Rx 7900 xtx Driver timeout

Good day,

I have a new rx 7900 xtx from sapphire the vapor x model 

Today i got a game crash telling me the driver has timed out and the application got closed.

Before the 7900 xtx, i had a 6950 xt wich i sent back cause the coil whine was unbearable. The same issue occured once there too

Is there a problem with my graphics card or as i read, a problem with the drivers?

I played apex on the 7900 xtx 

My specs:

Cpu: r7 2700x

Ram: 16 gb g skill trident z

Mobo: b450 aorus pro

Power supply: seasonic prime 1000w 80 plus platinum

How often is it crashing? Is it pretty regularly?

Did you do a clean driver install using DDU?

Have you used a stress test like Aida64 to see if it throws any error messages back to you?

Only happened once during like a 2 hour session of apex. 

I didnt try anything further. I just posted the issue as it appeared.

I started the game after the crash and it ran fine after that for like another 30 minutes. After that i stopped gaming as i had to go.

The amd software wouldnt open. After a restart the app worked again.

I will try those steps 

Btw it is a fresh install of windows with no other than amd drivers ever installed

If it only happened one time so far it may have been only a one time thing.

The only other thing that people sometimes forget to check is motherboard/CPU drivers make sure you're up to date with those as older drivers for those parts can also cause issues.

Will watch out for that. Maybe my chipset is out of date. I recently updated the bios to the latest version.

What i forgot to mention is, that i updated to the new amd graphics driver today before i started gaming. Maybe it has to do something with that. 

Cause before i never had the problem (but i didnt game a lot since the new card so cant really confirm if its just the driver causing the problem)

5 minutes ago, GedankeBube56 said:

Will watch out for that. Maybe my chipset is out of date. I recently updated the bios to the latest version.

What i forgot to mention is, that i updated to the new amd graphics driver today before i started gaming. Maybe it has to do something with that. 

Cause before i never had the problem (but i didnt game a lot since the new card so cant really confirm if its just the driver causing the problem)

Heeyo 🙂 

AMD, isn't well known for its drivers xD

I would definitely suggest trying to reinstall the drivers, because it doesn't hurt.

In case you're not familiar with how to go about this, i would suggest you use, DDU (Driver display uninstaller)

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Good luck and let us know if downloading an older(stable) driver fixed it for you!

EDIT:

Reason for using DDU is, making sure there will be no leftovers, of the current, potentially borked driver.

Do you have Gigabyte Control Center installed? Uninstall it if so. That was the sole cause of my Radeon Driver Timeouts.