Built new pc, BIOS don't display (Solution: BIOS needed an update through Q-Flash +)

APes
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
11 minutes ago, APes said:

Actually I could use some extra help.
I'm not sure what way I should update the BIOS, could you give me a hand with that?
I see Q-Flash+ is one option, since I can't access any kind of display. I've got everything else installed (CPU, RAM, etc) so I'm not sure if it's viable.

I have the motherboard manual of BIOS installation so the steps should be straight forward once I've cleared up what method I should use.
Thank you

Follow this video here, this is how you do it with Q-Flash+!  You are lucky you got this as you don't need a CPU installed to update the motherboard ( Just follow the video, you do not need to unplug or remove your cpu )

image.thumb.png.ba9a113ceb5e1fcab023c0a9ef38a36e.png

Hi!
I built a new PC step by step carefully, using the Linus guide, so I'm farly sure I didn't mess anything up building wise. The only thing I ignored is building the whole thing pre assembly in the case, because apparently I'm a dumbass (I'm not experienced and I feared mangling it somehow on a cardboard surface). So yeah, the PC is built in case haha kill me
When I turn it on and try to access the BIOS nothing is on display.

The CPU and DRAM status display leds on the motherboard light up. First the CPU, then the DRAM, alternating and not ever at the same time.
Here's the list of parts:
CPU
Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core
Cooler
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU 
Motherboard
Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
SSD
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME
GPU
Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB
PSU
Corsair RM850e 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX

I reseated the RAM slots just in case but that seems to be in the correct A2/B2 slots and the latch is down just right.
I'm not sure what could be wrong. A couple people have told me to update the bios but I wanted to triple check here.
At first I was scared it was my current and only monitor (for now) somehow not working right. It's an old Dell Ultrasharp that has to connect through a mini DP to DP cable or a DVI to DVI with DP adaptor. 
I don't think it's that though, it seems to work with my current setup when connecting it through those means.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a pretty bad feeling thinking you got it all right for then to get this issue 😞

Edited by APes

Hi!
I built a new PC step by step carefully, using the Linus guide, so I'm farly sure I didn't mess anything up building wise. The only thing I ignored is building the whole thing pre assembly in the case, because apparently I'm a dumbass (I'm not experienced and I feared mangling it somehow on a cardboard surface). So yeah, the PC is built in case haha kill me
When I turn it on and try to access the BIOS nothing is on display.

The CPU and DRAM status display leds on the motherboard light up. First the CPU, then the DRAM, alternating and not ever at the same time.
Here's the list of parts:
CPU
Intel Core i5-13600KF 3.5 GHz 14-Core
Cooler
Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU 
Motherboard
Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700
RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18
SSD
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME
GPU
Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti 12 GB
PSU
Corsair RM850e 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX

I reseated the RAM slots just in case but that seems to be in the correct A2/B2 slots and the latch is down just right.
I'm not sure what could be wrong. A couple people have told me to update the bios but I wanted to triple check here.
At first I was scared it was my current and only monitor (for now) somehow not working right. It's an old Dell Ultrasharp that has to connect through a mini DP to DP cable or a DVI to DVI with DP adaptor. 
I don't think it's that though, it seems to work with my current setup when connecting it through those means.

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a pretty bad feeling thinking you got it all right for then to get this issue 😞

Your motherboard needs BIOS version F20 or later for 13th gen CPU's to work. Check this BIOS list for your board. It might not come with F20 or later from factory so you would absolutely need to update the BIOS for 13th gen.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B660-GAMING-X-AX-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

image.thumb.png.be6a6f5aa3d54a8b9c2af90d37715c4d.png

19 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Your motherboard needs BIOS version F20 or later for 13th gen CPU's to work. Check this BIOS list for your board. It might not come with F20 or later from factory so you would absolutely need to update the BIOS for 13th gen.
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B660-GAMING-X-AX-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

image.thumb.png.be6a6f5aa3d54a8b9c2af90d37715c4d.png

Thanks! I'll check after lunch and be sure to let everyone know if this worked.

15 minutes ago, APes said:

Thanks! I'll check after lunch and be sure to let everyone know if this worked.

No worries!  If you need any more help just let me know, I'll be around 🙂

16 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

No worries!  If you need any more help just let me know, I'll be around 🙂

I'm not sure what way I should update the BIOS, could you give me a hand with that?
I see Q-Flash+ is one option, since I can't access any kind of display. I've got everything else installed (CPU, RAM, etc) so I'm not sure if it's viable.

I have the motherboard manual of BIOS installation so the steps should be straight forward once I've cleared up what method I should use.
Thank you

Thank you

Follow this video here, this is how you do it with Q-Flash+!  You are lucky you got this as you don't need a CPU installed to update the motherboard ( Just follow the video, you do not need to unplug or remove your cpu )

16 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

This was it! QFlash+ update worked perfectly.
Having everything already in place was not an issue and it actually booted right after and displayed properly on my screen so I knew it worked right away.
Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, APes said:

This was it! QFlash+ update worked perfectly.
Having everything already in place was not an issue and it actually booted right after and displayed properly on my screen so I knew it worked right away.
Thank you very much!

No Problem! Glad we got that sorted for you 🙂  Now you can start gaming!  Good system btw, it kicks ass!  Remember to download and install all the drivers.