Crashing - CPU/DRAM Blinking

Xlithan

Good morning,

I'm having an issue where my PC is "crashing" under load. The screens turn off, the fans go crazy, and the CPU/DRAM LED's are blinking. Sounds like a wild party but there's some sketchy stuff going on in the background.

I have searched the internet, and after scrolling through the usual guesswork of "It's your RAM, it's your GPU, it's your mom", I stumbled across a post where a user replaced the PSU and seemed to have solved the issue. Before the crash my CPU is only at 50-60 degrees so I have no concerns about temp issues. GPU temps appear to remain normal too.

I also read that somebody fixed this issue by increase RAM voltage. I don't see how this could fix the issue personally.

I can leave the PC on for days idling and it's all gucci. High quality games, or high demanding software will crash the PC, it's certainly not just games.

Specs

Ryzen 7 2700x (OC to 4ghz)

32GB Vengeance Pro (3000mhz)

Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450

ASUS Strix GTX 1650 Super

Corsair TX650M PSU
NVME for the boot drive
Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240L for cooling.

Have you tried running a memory test? The reason why it always comes up when googling this problem is because it is very common and may result in the problems that you are having.

If you have more than one stick of ram, take one out and see if it improves, if not, try the other one.

You did not list a GPU, knowing what GPU you have might help is figure out if there is a power issue

2 hours ago, The 8-Bit Time Traveller said:

Have you tried running a memory test? The reason why it always comes up when googling this problem is because it is very common and may result in the problems that you are having.

If you have more than one stick of ram, take one out and see if it improves, if not, try the other one.

You did not list a GPU, knowing what GPU you have might help is figure out if there is a power issue

I'll try a memory test, listed GPU now also.