PC wont turn on only RAM lights up

ExtraILarge

Hi there, for about 2 days now my PC wont turn immedeatly when i press the Power-button on my case, only the RAM lights up, nothing else does anything.

My Specs are as follows: 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080 super

Cooler - Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 
RAM - 32GB Gskill Trydent Z 3200Mhz DDR4 (4x8 GB Sticks)
Mobo - Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 (used to have a ASUS TUF X570 that broke one week ago)
PSU - Bequiet Straight Power 750W
Storage - 1TB Samsung 970 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD

Case - NZXT H710

OS - Windows 10 64x Version 21H2, OS build 19044.2728

About last week I had similar troubles. First the PC didnt wanna turn on like it is now, then it did turn on only to not boot. Everything lighted up and turned on but the screens and peripherals stayed black. 

After some troubleshooting I concluded it had to the Motherboard so I bought a new one. After the PC initially not turning on, I unplugged the PSU and tried again. This time it worked fine. I powercircled 3-4 times and everything worked just fine. 

Now for 2 days my PC does as I wrote above. The only way i found to turn it on is to turn off the PSU, unplug the powercable, plug it back in, turn on the PSU then wait some time and pressing the power button (I havent tried if its a consistent fix).

Everything i tried so far:

• Checked if all cables are properly connected (unplugged everything and took out the PSU to clean it too)
  • swapped the RAM sticks around
  • took out components one by one to see if anything was the problem - no result 
  • cleaned the PC

I built the PC myself and never had any problems with it in 3 years i owned it ever since last week. I think the PSU could be the problem but im open to any other conclusion you guys might have. 

Thanks for your help, if anything is unclear please ask and I will respond ASAP. 

EDIT: 

I just turned it off and on again without issue, but when it booted the PC had a bluescreen error that resolved itself. 

I just remembered that I had atleast 2 bluescreens in the last week. Once when it booted and once when I closed Escape from Tarkov. 

I dont know if this is relevant but I thought I should mention it.

5 minutes ago, ExtraILarge said:

Hi there, for about 2 days now my PC wont turn immedeatly when i press the Power-button on my case, only the RAM lights up, nothing else does anything.

My Specs are as follows: 

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080 super

Cooler - Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 
RAM - 32GB Gskill Trydent Z 3200Mhz DDR4 (4x8 GB Sticks)
Mobo - Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 (used to have a ASUS TUF X570 that broke one week ago)
PSU - Bequiet Straight Power 750W
Storage - 1TB Samsung 970 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD

Case - NZXT H710

OS - Windows 10 64x Version 21H2, OS build 19044.2728

About last week I had similar troubles. First the PC didnt wanna turn on like it is now, then it did turn on only to not boot. Everything lighted up and turned on but the screens and peripherals stayed black. 

After some troubleshooting I concluded it had to the Motherboard so I bought a new one. After the PC initially not turning on, I unplugged the PSU and tried again. This time it worked fine. I powercircled 3-4 times and everything worked just fine. 

Now for 2 days my PC does as I wrote above. The only way i found to turn it on is to turn off the PSU, unplug the powercable, plug it back in, turn on the PSU then wait some time and pressing the power button (I havent tried if its a consistent fix).

Everything i tried so far:

• Checked if all cables are properly connected (unplugged everything and took out the PSU to clean it too)
  • swapped the RAM sticks around
  • took out components one by one to see if anything was the problem - no result 
  • cleaned the PC

I built the PC myself and never had any problems with it in 3 years i owned it ever since last week. I think the PSU could be the problem but im open to any other conclusion you guys might have. 

Thanks for your help, if anything is unclear please ask and I will respond ASAP. 

did you try less ram sticks? you said swap but did you try with only 1 or 2 in?

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

1 minute ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

did you try less ram sticks? you said swap but did you try with only 1 or 2 in?

Yes i tried that too

no boot at all is usually one of the main 4 components not detected/broken. it's unfortunate this motherboard has no Debug LEDs or number codes. you could find a PC_speaker to get the beeps....
probably not ram since you've tried them in different configs, they're probably not all dead.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)

3 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

no boot at all is usually one of the main 4 components not detected/broken. it's unfortunate this motherboard has no Debug LEDs or number codes. you could find a PC_speaker to get the beeps....
probably not ram since you've tried them in different configs, they're probably not all dead.

Well i dont think its the Motherboard since i just swapped it a week ago and if you say its not the RAM then it would conclude to CPU or GPU but everything seems in order with all these components when the PC runs. 

Also my temporal solution seems to work every time for some reason

3 minutes ago, ExtraILarge said:

Well i dont think its the Motherboard since i just swapped it a week ago and if you say its not the RAM then it would conclude to CPU or GPU but everything seems in order with all these components when the PC runs. 

Also my temporal solution seems to work every time for some reason

because if you have nothing on screen it can't be boot device related or anything later in the software stack. if it detect everything but can't get to windows you'll get a bios error screen.

though it is possible for plugged in devices to cause this kind of issue. I did see a dead USB device shorting a port preventing a PC to boot before.
that's why people will often recommend to strip down to bare minimum to see.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)