Upgrading the daily driver

Budget (including currency): 3500-ish

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 4k gaming(potentially) Vr gaming , runescape (any pc can run that) , stalker (when it releases on highest settings ) possibly video rendering

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 
CURRENT PC:
CPU: i7-7820x
ram - 32gb 3200mhz
psu - 1000w evga
gpu - 2080ti 
mobo x299 raider
ssd:  2x - 2tb 980 evo

cooling - NH-D15 noctua 

case- nzxt 510i (or something like that)

Current PC has no issues works great for streaming and anything i've done with it.

typically when i build a new pc every 5-7 years, i just go for best parts. I plan on making my old PC my garage pc to run my golf simulator as currently i use my Home server to do so and it would be nice to just have something dedicated 

What i had in mind: 
CPU - AMD- 7950x (combo with motherboard 

MOBO- gigabyte x670 AORUS ELITE ($821)
GPU - RTX 4090 ($1650) 

RAM - corsair vengence ddr5  32gb X 4  ($440)
PSU - evga supernova 1000w ($200)

SSD- take one of the m.2 2TB from old pc (FREE)
case-  Corsair 4000D   ($105)

total in the amazon cart right now $3,325

Wasn't sure if i overlooked anything. Thanks for taking a look

4 minutes ago, bobbybdennis said:

Current PC has no issues works great for streaming and anything i've done with it.

Why bother replacing it?

if you want more performance go overclock the cpu and gpu

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Why bother replacing it?

if you want more performance go overclock the cpu and gpu

I don't wanna sound pompous, but I make a very good living in IT and I am in a very comfortable spot in my life where my house is paid for I have my hobbies and as i stated before, I like to upgrade my pc fully every 5-7 years.

6 minutes ago, bobbybdennis said:

I don't wanna sound pompous, but I make a very good living in IT and I am in a very comfortable spot in my life where my house is paid for I have my hobbies and as i stated before, I like to upgrade my pc fully every 5-7 years.

if you wanna upgrade that's your business. all i'll say is that e-waste is a huge issue, as is climate change. in my opinion if your current machine works totally fine, why not keep it. if you replace it when it breaks or becomes too slow for you, you'll get both a better new system cuz you'll be a few years further on, and it's better environmentally to use older hardware for a bit longer. 

She/Her

1 minute ago, ahmad13610 said:

i9 13900f + ASRock Z690 Extreme, best deal combo

yea that was the other route i was looking was intel, my current pc is intel my server is AMD and i haven't had any issues with either lol.  but when you're going top top end, you really can't go wrong with either. ill shop around for that deal thank you for the suggestion!

Just now, bobbybdennis said:

well good for you then since youve earned it, though im kinda curious what kind of IT? and i assume you are problably over the age of 30 but just curious since if i dont end up making a living off flipping pcs and youtube content gotta find some sort of job and im well aware that anything digital pays loads of $, and i dont care if ppl will look at me weird if im already thinking about financial freedom when im only 15 xD

Ok back on topic

Definitely replace the case in the old pc, that is a hotbox

As for the new pc 200$ for a 1000w is egregious, just get a 1200w if you are paying that much

Quad rank ddr5 is definitely not gonna run very well at all, just stick to 32gb as having more ram doesnt do anything for performance unless you are using that extra ram. 6000c32 is ideal as its decently priced and will run just fine at stock speeds, and when you swap the cpu for something better down the line all you have to do is overclock the rams cause thats hynix a die bin and those ics are capable of 8000+ effectively futureproofing the kit for the rest of the ddr5 generation

Case is personal preference though id usually cheap out of cases, 4000d is pretty mid fan config wise so unless you really like the look just buy a case with 3 or 4 included fans (2 front 1 rear or 3 front 1 rear config for full airflow)

Also you seem to have forgotten the cooler, if you wanna go aio then liquid freezer ii 360 or 420, if you wanna stick with air then peerless assassin/phantom spirit or ak620

2 minutes ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

if you wanna upgrade that's your business. all i'll say is that e-waste is a huge issue, as is climate change. in my opinion if your current machine works totally fine, why not keep it. if you replace it when it breaks or becomes too slow for you, you'll get both a better new system cuz you'll be a few years further on, and it's better environmentally to use older hardware for a bit longer. 

The old pc would still be used daily on my golf simulator, so it wouldn't be thrown out or anything. I do see your point i drive a hybrid so i'm doing my little part. But i will be buying a new pc either way lol

Just now, bobbybdennis said:

The old pc would still be used daily on my golf simulator, so it wouldn't be thrown out or anything. I do see your point i drive a hybrid so i'm doing my little part. But i will be buying a new pc either way lol

ah fair enough. the PC gaming community is full of rampent consumerism so like.. 

She/Her

7 minutes ago, bobbybdennis said:

Why not get a 7800X3D instead, i'll destroy everything in gaming, at lower power consumption: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/ryzen-7800x3d-performance-preview/

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

ah fair enough. the PC gaming community is full of rampent consumerism so like.. 

thank you for all your valuable input on the subject  🙂 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Why not get a 7800X3D instead, i'll destroy everything at lower power consumption: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/ryzen-7800x3d-performance-preview/

never thought about it i guess, always usually just go for whatever the 2 highest chipsets are for gaming and pick red or blue. I'm loyal to no brand but i will look into that 7800x3d i guess too and see what people are doing with it

15 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

well good for you then since youve earned it, though im kinda curious what kind of IT? and i assume you are problably over the age of 30 but just curious since if i dont end up making a living off flipping pcs and youtube content gotta find some sort of job and im well aware that anything digital pays loads of $, and i dont care if ppl will look at me weird if im already thinking about financial freedom when im only 15 xD

Ok back on topic

Definitely replace the case in the old pc, that is a hotbox

As for the new pc 200$ for a 1000w is egregious, just get a 1200w if you are paying that much

Quad rank ddr5 is definitely not gonna run very well at all, just stick to 32gb as having more ram doesnt do anything for performance unless you are using that extra ram. 6000c32 is ideal as its decently priced and will run just fine at stock speeds, and when you swap the cpu for something better down the line all you have to do is overclock the rams cause thats hynix a die bin and those ics are capable of 8000+ effectively futureproofing the kit for the rest of the ddr5 generation

Case is personal preference though id usually cheap out of cases, 4000d is pretty mid fan config wise so unless you really like the look just buy a case with 3 or 4 included fans (2 front 1 rear or 3 front 1 rear config for full airflow)

Also you seem to have forgotten the cooler, if you wanna go aio then liquid freezer ii 360 or 420, if you wanna stick with air then peerless assassin/phantom spirit or ak620

i sent you a personal message.  also i was just gonna buy the same cooler on the old pc for the new one,  thank you for your input, definitely will rethink the PSU to 1200w and the ram to just 2x16gb

ak620 noisy, i dont trust it

best high end air cooler so far, MasterAir MA624 Stealth

best high end liquid cooler so far, lian li galahad

9 minutes ago, ahmad13610 said:

ak620 noisy, i dont trust it

best high end air cooler so far, MasterAir MA624 Stealth

best high end liquid cooler so far, lian li galahad

i will watch some reviews on them and go with what fills what i'm looking for thank you for the suggestions!