Suggestion - make a small ratchet screwdriver

Bio Hazard

I suggest essentially downsizing the ltt screwdriver (although the bit holder would have to be removed) to a size similar to the kits you can buy with all different kinds of bits. The driver would come in a kit of 12, each driver would have a different head from the current selection of LTT driver bits. 

If some are ever made because of this idea, I would like a few of each kind if possible 

A smaller version of the LTT ratchet screwdriver is already in the works. You can even see it in some of their recent YT videos.

Source: 

I’m not talking about a stubby one, I’m talking about one without the huge handle

Do you mean like precision screwdrivers that also ratchet? So like a ratcheting version of this:

R3232626-01.thumb.webp.213c8b38bfabac51eaf7254896ccfbf4.webp

Just now, Neroon said:

Do you mean like precision screwdrivers that also ratchet? So like a ratcheting version of this:

R3232626-01.thumb.webp.213c8b38bfabac51eaf7254896ccfbf4.webp

Yep, exactly.

18 hours ago, Bio Hazard said:

Yep, exactly.

I don't know how easily a ratchet mechanism could be made small enough for this, but I doubt it would be that durable. Never seen a ratchet device that small. What would be you're use case for it?

Screws that small are usually not torqued down a whole lot, and once they're loose they'll come out easily. I think a good free-spinning end on the handle is more important than a ratchet on a precision screwdriver.

Besides, I doubt LMG would want to compete with longtime sponsor iFixit. (The full size LTT drivers compliment an iFixit kit.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

4 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Besides, I doubt LMG would want to compete with longtime sponsor iFixit. (The full size LTT drivers compliment an iFixit kit.)

On the Livestream VOD from March 21st, on Floatplane, Linus actually praises iFixit, dubbing them "the Alpha", no matter what. He mentions some tools that are currently in development at LMG, not naming them or providing any insights of what they might be. Coming from him, I highly doubt that they will make something to compete with iFixit. Probably some tools, like the LTT screwdriver, that will compliment what iFixit provides so far, as you already said.