Opinions on this office build, would also like to do light photoshopping.

P33BIRD

Budget (including currency): 450-500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Office work and light photoshopping

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Zzys3y

My buddy sent me this list and wanted my opinion on it, how would you guys maximize it for around the same price it’s at?

tbh for that budget i wouldn't be buying brand new low end parts vs used higher end parts. otherwise you essentially end up with what you got there which is new , but not too great otherwise.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

tbh for that budget i wouldn't be buying brand new low end parts vs used higher end parts. otherwise you essentially end up with what you got there which is new , but not too great otherwise.

This is pretty much the cheapest I could get with all new parts. If you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NrDdLs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($100.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte A520I AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($35.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($44.49 @ Newegg Sellers)
Video Card: PowerColor Fighter OC Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB Video Card  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake The Tower 100 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Enermax CYBERBRON 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $579.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

44 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

This is pretty much the cheapest I could get with all new parts. If you have any questions please let me know.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NrDdLs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4600G 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($100.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte A520I AC Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($35.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($44.49 @ Newegg Sellers)
Video Card: PowerColor Fighter OC Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB Video Card  ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake The Tower 100 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Enermax CYBERBRON 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $579.37
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Thanks for making a list up. If you were to use used parts which used components would you use, I’m sure he wouldn’t be opposed to using used parts if it helps with the costs 

26 minutes ago, P33BIRD said:

Thanks for making a list up. If you were to use used parts which used components would you use, I’m sure he wouldn’t be opposed to using used parts if it helps with the costs 

I think @emosun pretty much means ALL used and i also agree with that, in which case its hard to make decisions as used price is pretty localized between each countries and even districts/states. Best starter idea would be to check what 500$ can get you locally for gaming PC in the likes of Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist (or equivalent) and then ask ahead in here. Or if you want to go online, head to Ebay and get yourself a Dell Optiplex 7050 or 7040 for 200-250$, and use the rest of the 300-250$ to get yourself a 2TB nvme SSD (for storage, case, and fans, i usually always go brand new), and a 200-150$ GPU. You could get 6600XT brand new or a 5700 XT, GTX 1080, RTX 2060 Super, or GTX 1660Ti used, just to name a few GPU you can find at that price range on ebay.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

Or if you want to go online, head to Ebay

i'd second the ebay route as theres a lot of sellers with decent return policies and lots of good feedback