Why would you need this? This has to be a scam.

MauRaider

Greetings fellow like minded individuals!

I am going to take you on a strange journey. Don't worry its going to be short. I have built computers before and I have not built one for myself in a very long time. I ended up building a AMD Ryzen 5600G with a MSI B450 motherboard, 64Gb of Corsair Vengeance, Segotep 650W power supply (a brand I have never heard of but works surprisingly well). The only thing missing is the case. My brother had ordered a case a while back and it was the wrong case. But instead of returning it he kept it. When I was looking at cases he offered the case that he never returned.

The case is.....Okay...its warped from shipping and things are definitionally no square. But a free case is a free case. While watching Tech Tips on the live stream that was done two weeks ago I started to search amazon for a new computer case. What I found was....a case with a screen....

Why would you need this for a your computer? Sure the display shows temperatures on it. But it can play videos?...and you can use it as a second but small monitor? This has to be a scam...there is no way that this should work...

If you would like to check it out just copy the information below into amazon and it should be the first result. Please see images.

D41 MESH SC Black ATX Computer Case with Screen, ATX Mainboard/Support RTX 4090(335-400mm) GPU 360/280AIO,Power ATX/SFX: 100mm-220mm Multiple Tool-Free Design,White Black

71BS6nKtL5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81NFBPV6czL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

7111nfbQIpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Lets go one further. LCD SIDEPANELS!  You may ask why?.. Because we can.

Screens built into cases aren't a new idea in the slightest, and there are plenty of people out there who like having them. Some cases even use their windowed side panels as displays, and those use the lighting inside the case for the screen. Back in 2017 iBuyPower launched what they called the "Snowblind" PC, which had a screen in the side panel. I'm not sure what would make you think this is a scam.

5 minutes ago, MauRaider said:

Why would you need this for a your computer? Sure the display shows temperatures on it. But it can play videos?...and you can use it as a second but small monitor? This has to be a scam...there is no way that this should work...

It's just a small monitor that happens to be integrated into the case of a computer. In the case (get it?) of the Jonsbo case you've shown here the display is removable, which can allow you to place it somewhere more convenient. Why shouldn't this work? There's nothing stopping you from routing a display cable from your GPU through the case and into a small monitor. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

I have a 7" screen externally on my PC that shows the stats.  I wish I had skill to make it built into the case.

4 minutes ago, BondiBlue said:

In the case (get it?) of the Jonsbo case you've shown

And if OP is asking about Jonsbo itself, theyre legit chinese company dealing with more esoteric part of PC decor. Ive seen a lot of Indonesian PC with Jonsbo parts to make it stand out and honestly theyre not a hardline ricer.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

TBH you're just showing your ignorance here, OP.

This is just an arguably more elegant implementation of a concept that's been around for a long time. You can find cases from the 2000's with car-style gauges for system monitoring built in to the front... there were fan controllers that fit into 5.25" bays with small screens built into them... people DIY it with the many small cheap displays on the market now for RaspPi projects and the likeas @Erioch linked above. Just because it doesn't appeal to you personally doesn't mean it's a scam. People like to do things to personalize their PC's cosmetically and this is arguably more practically useful than a lot of those.  Why would you "need" a backplate with character art on it? Why would you "need" RGB lighting? 

I hadn't seen this case before but I actually dig it a lot. I've experimented with system monitoring display mods in the past, and the price isn't bad for what it's offering, but it isn't worth switching cases for me and I am not crazy about the front-mounted PSU (although putting it behind the area where airflow is inevitably blocked by the screen is kind of clever).

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Interesting. I don't hate the case. Seems like it'd be a unique piece...though the price is a touch high, and, like almost every Jonsbo case I've seen, it looks like it has absolutely abysmal airflow.

24 minutes ago, Erioch said:

You haven't seen PCs with a screen built into them?  You need to get out more.

I mean, if you're watching YouTube and diving down the rabbit hole of unique computer cases, you're probably not going out at all 😉

10 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

And if OP is asking about Jonsbo itself, theyre legit chinese company dealing with more esoteric part of PC decor. Ive seen a lot of Indonesian PC with Jonsbo parts to make it stand out and honestly theyre not a hardline ricer.

I actually like a lot of Jonsbo's cases, they have some really nice ITX stuff. From an aesthetics aspect. From function I think they're similar to NZXT, designing small ovens.

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

TBH you're just showing your ignorance here, OP.

This is just an arguably more elegant implementation of a concept that's been around for a long time. You can find cases from the 2000's with car-style gauges for system monitoring built in to the front... there were fan controllers that fit into 5.25" bays with small screens built into them... people DIY it with the many small cheap displays on the market now for RaspPi projects and the likeas @Erioch linked above. Just because it doesn't appeal to you personally doesn't mean it's a scam. People like to do things to personalize their PC's cosmetically and this is arguably more practically useful than a lot of those.  

I hadn't seen this case before but I actually dig it a lot. I've experimented with system monitoring display mods in the past, and the price isn't bad for what it's offering, but it isn't worth switching cases for me and I am not crazy about the front-mounted PSU (although putting it behind the area where airflow is inevitably blocked by the screen is kind of clever).

I don't know if I'd call it ignorance; if he's young, or not that into the space, it's just not something that pops up as often.

I mean, I get that technically the word ignorance is correct, but it's usually used in a negative context, ie being wilfully ignorant. This is just simply not knowing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

If it works the way I think (like 4U terminals) this is really useful for servers that don't need a monitor constantly plugged in, if remote desktop hangs, the server crashes for some reason or you need to access the BIOS setup this would be better than having to look for a monitor and wire it.

Back in the day there were tiny CRTs that could be mounted to four 5.25" bays of vertical AT or full ATX towers, they were monochrome, it's not like you need more colours to configure a server in a rush.

The monitor has a cable that runs through the case and loops around to an output on the GPU or the motherboard (depending on your graphics setup), so it would be perfect for that kind of use. The rest of the case, however...

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

15 minutes ago, dizmo said:

you're probably not going out at all 😉

You should though, because metal shavings are bad for you. /hj

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.