Games for the LAN

Esemes16

I know the official games list for the LAN is yet to come, but does anyone know what games were played at the previous LAN so I have an idea of what games I should be getting while there is a Steam Sale active?

Have you tried restarting it?

if i were you i'd just wait. i asked ltt and they assured me most of the games on the list will free to play games or lower spec older games. its supposed to be an accessibility thing so everyone has an equal opportunity of participating in the tournaments and contests. im finding details about ltx are sketchy at best so saving your money might be a better idea until they officially release the list. some esports titles i can almost guarantee will be on the list like rocket league and halo infinite. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 6:49 PM, Esemes16 said:

I know the official games list for the LAN is yet to come, but does anyone know what games were played at the previous LAN so I have an idea of what games I should be getting while there is a Steam Sale active?

A lot of the games played at last year's Whale LAN were as @tbeau123described already.  Lots of stuff that is already free to play in some way, older games that were like $5 - $15 and/or fairly commonplace, etc.  If you wanted to be safe, put aside like a $25 - $50 budget for picking up something that's on the list when the details are released and that really should be plenty and even at that, not even necessary to participate in the vast majority of the planned games.

There was even going back to some obscure old DOS games or frustrating flash era games .  Really it's about participation, getting together with a bunch of people playing games that the majority of the group will really not be good at 😄

We'll have an official schedule for the LAN closer the expo, and we usually have a mix of tournaments and one-off challenges/contests going on throughout the weekend. Typically we stick to eSports titles or older releases for anything that has prizing attached so it's a low barriers to entry, you won't be expected to shell out for AAA games just to participate. 

Alongside those we usually have a 'game of the hour' listed on the  schedule as a suggestion and a way to kickstart lobbies/discussion on what to do next at the LAN.

We're open to suggestions leading up to and during the LAN, the goal is to have everyone participate and we'll make adjustments or changes as we go.

12 hours ago, Chase Douglas said:

We'll have an official schedule for the LAN closer the expo, and we usually have a mix of tournaments and one-off challenges/contests going on throughout the weekend. Typically we stick to eSports titles or older releases for anything that has prizing attached so it's a low barriers to entry, you won't be expected to shell out for AAA games just to participate. 

Alongside those we usually have a 'game of the hour' listed on the  schedule as a suggestion and a way to kickstart lobbies/discussion on what to do next at the LAN.

We're open to suggestions leading up to and during the LAN, the goal is to have everyone participate and we'll make adjustments or changes as we go.

I can't think of anything that probably isn't already on list to add, my one question is that will all/most the games played be (somewhat) compatible with the Steam Deck. (E.g. some LAN parties play Halo Custom Edition, which may require some work ahead of time to get running)

Have you tried restarting it?