G-skill RAM kit specification explain

Someone can explain the specification written on the RAM kit.

Difference between F4-3200C16S-16GVK and  F4-3200C16D- 16GB (16x1). Can I find out which one is Dual rank from this info? Pic added for reference.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

If there both 16gb per stick there dual rank, but u wouldn’t want just one stick because the gains from dual chanle are huge. 

99.9 percent of ddr4 sticks that are 16gb are dual channel 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Look for ones that are 2rx8

If you want dual rank benifits either run quad stick (single sided ones) or dual sided dual stick

The latter is usually alot harder to get nowadays unless you are buying bdie bins cause those are always gonna be bdie ex 3200c14) so the former is preffered assuming youve got a board with 4 ram slots

for quad stick its a matter of matching ics, you can buy 3200c16 crucials or klevvs for either micron rev e or hynix djr (latter does higher freq and better trfc), but you can also buy bare pcb rams and just request a specific ic like buying 2666c19 micron/crucials and requesting c9bjz.

You can get dual rank 16gb sticks like this but afaik its quite abit rarer to find dual sided 16gb sticks even used and even if you do theyre usually alot more pricey than just buying 4 8gb sticks. Besides you arent really gonna be going much past gear 1 or desync fclk anyways with dual rank and benifits of doing so are questionable till you get 1000mhz+ over desync fclk or gear 1

13 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Look for ones that are 2rx8

If you want dual rank benifits either run quad stick (single sided ones) or dual sided dual stick

The latter is usually alot harder to get nowadays unless you are buying bdie bins cause those are always gonna be bdie ex 3200c14) so the former is preffered assuming youve got a board with 4 ram slots

for quad stick its a matter of matching ics, you can buy 3200c16 crucials or klevvs for either micron rev e or hynix djr (latter does higher freq and better trfc), but you can also buy bare pcb rams and just request a specific ic like buying 2666c19 micron/crucials and requesting c9bjz.

You can get dual rank 16gb sticks like this but afaik its quite abit rarer to find dual sided 16gb sticks even used and even if you do theyre usually alot more pricey than just buying 4 8gb sticks. Besides you arent really gonna be going much past gear 1 or desync fclk anyways with dual rank and benifits of doing so are questionable till you get 1000mhz+ over desync fclk or gear 1

I have mobo which have only 2 ram slots, so for which I would go?

And for now, I want to buy only one 16 GB kit and selling 1 8 GB kit. So, planning to run 8x1 and 16x1. I know that not ideal setup. But budget limit. Probably will upgrade it. 

3 hours ago, Rumman said:

I have mobo which have only 2 ram slots, so for which I would go?

And for now, I want to buy only one 16 GB kit and selling 1 8 GB kit. So, planning to run 8x1 and 16x1. I know that not ideal setup. But budget limit. Probably will upgrade it. 

100 percent don’t do that, just get 2 8gb sticks if that’s the case

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper