Bad experience I have with ASUS RMA, and I need some tips

I bought an ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022 last year in around July. However recently, it started to have major issues, such constant reboots when on battery, it being unable to get to Windows because of said reboots (those would happen even if the laptop was plugged in).Oh and another thing, trying to install Windows or really any other OS from an USB stick would lead to the same problem of constant reboots, regardless of if I was on battery or not.
So I decided to contact ASUS RMA, in order to have my problem fixed under warranty. However, that did not happen.
Instead, I got an email from them with an invoice where I had to pay around $96 in order to fix a problem that wasn't even there in the first place. The one that they mentioned on the invoice was "OS ERROR", but the problem is not with the OS, but rather with the laptop itself. So I emailed them, asking: "Hey, what does OS ERROR mean? Because the problem is not with the OS but rather with the motherboard itself."
The answer that I received was nothing short of awe inspiring: "we found a problem what was software related and we can resolve it by a reset of Windows, this handling has called OS error."
Now I have contacted them again, hoping to receive a more pertinent answer.
I also want to know, what do you think guys? What should I do? Should I even try to keep going further if they keep this up? Or should I just get it back and repair it myself?

13 minutes ago, asdcorf said:

I bought an ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022 last year in around July. However recently, it started to have major issues, such constant reboots when on battery, it being unable to get to Windows because of said reboots (those would happen even if the laptop was plugged in).Oh and another thing, trying to install Windows or really any other OS from an USB stick would lead to the same problem of constant reboots, regardless of if I was on battery or not.
So I decided to contact ASUS RMA, in order to have my problem fixed under warranty. However, that did not happen.
Instead, I got an email from them with an invoice where I had to pay around $96 in order to fix a problem that wasn't even there in the first place. The one that they mentioned on the invoice was "OS ERROR", but the problem is not with the OS, but rather with the laptop itself. So I emailed them, asking: "Hey, what does OS ERROR mean? Because the problem is not with the OS but rather with the motherboard itself."
The answer that I received was nothing short of awe inspiring: "we found a problem what was software related and we can resolve it by a reset of Windows, this handling has called OS error."
Now I have contacted them again, hoping to receive a more pertinent answer.
I also want to know, what do you think guys? What should I do? Should I even try to keep going further if they keep this up? Or should I just get it back and repair it myself?

try to contact Asus more, from what I have had from them (with my mobo) has been really bad. They don't really help so sorry to say but thats probably a dead end. Still nevertheless contact them more, you never know if your a pain enough they might do something different. If you have any tech repair shops nearby it's worth giving them a call or maybe asking them to check it. They will probably still charge but alot less than 96.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

try to contact Asus more, from what I have had from them (with my mobo) has been really bad. They don't really help so sorry to say but thats probably a dead end. Still nevertheless contact them more, you never know if your a pain enough they might do something different. If you have any tech repair shops nearby it's worth giving them a call or maybe asking them to check it. They will probably still charge but alot less than 96.

So you mean that ASUS RMA is just completely garbage and there is most likely nothing I can do?

5 hours ago, asdcorf said:

So you mean that ASUS RMA is just completely garbage and there is most likely nothing I can do?

I wouldn't say so. I had an issue with my Zephyrus G14 (2021). Turned out the issue was caused by a faulty Nvidia RTX 3060 graphics card - they replaced the motherboard and returned the laptop to me in less than a week with no cost. Admittedly they did fail to properly connect the keyboard backlighting, but it wasn't a problem for me to open the laptop and plug it in. Would be a much bigger issue for someone with no tech knowledge.

It may be that your regional ASUS department is incompetent, maybe try doing the RMA via the retailer that you bought the laptop at? That should also be an option.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

On 3/17/2023 at 9:12 PM, asdcorf said:

not RMA. But there support email thing from my experiences is garbage. Not sure about RMA.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

If you keep having these issues, be persistent.

I had a G14 briefly last year and had lots of problems with it. They ended up replacing the mainboard twice and the notebook lid once before I ultimately ended up getting a refund. I would advise you to put stronger emphasis on what the actual issue is though, and if possible simply reset it to factory condition before returning it (so that you can avoid any misconception about your problem possibly being software related). I did that every time I sent mine back and generally had a good experience with their RMA department - if you ignore the fact that I needed them in the first place.