Won't post / enter BIOS, loops through codes - ASUS Stric x570-e

Nemockulous
Go to solution Solved by RuffRuffmcgruff,
26 minutes ago, Nemockulous said:

Yes, I did the bios update, that's what led to this current looping. It's entirely possible that there's physical damage.

I'd rule out physical damage first then, go over everything, even components you might not of touched. ESD is rare these days but can still happen 

MB - Asus ROG Strix 570-e

CPU - RYZEN 7 3700X

RAM - CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 - Tried with 4 sticks and with 1 in slot A2 as required via mobo instructions

m.2 SSds (Boot and storage)

GPU - EVGA 2080 ti XC

Link to error codes loop video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5g7rwJcKYuyS6krt7

Story - I was doing maintenance on the cooling components (custom water loop) which included removing GPU block to clean, and replacing CPU block. When I finished, I booted back up, realizing then that I had a bad seat on the GPU cooler, and appeared to also be a bad seat on the new CPU cooler as both were running way hotter than they should be. I re-drained the loop, re-did the GPU thermal paste, and tightened the mounting screws for the CPU block (all blocks are corsair hydro X). 

Upon completion of second round of maintenance, I attempted to boot up, but was stuck in a loop of 20s/30s/40s codes. I then cleared CMOS via jumper as described in manual, which then lead to booting with an error code of 02, with still no boot. This led me to re-flashing the BIOS, which I did to BIOS version 4602. After completed installation of BIOS, system is now stuck within the loop as seen in the video. I cleared CMOS again but no dice, still stuck in this loop with nothing ever shown on screen. I've tried as well the onboard HDMI port.

No USB devices are plugged in besides keyboard.

I'm completely stuck, not sure where to look for answers. Please help!

The video doesn't work 😞 

While doing the maintenance did any of the parts get physically damaged? 

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Also, have a look at this, looks semi-related to your case

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

1 hour ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Also, have a look at this, looks semi-related to your case

Yes, I did the bios update, that's what led to this current looping. It's entirely possible that there's physical damage.

26 minutes ago, Nemockulous said:

I'd rule out physical damage first then, go over everything, even components you might not of touched. ESD is rare these days but can still happen 

The only items I can do that with is the GPU and RAM, which I'll try and see what happens. 

It's there anything else with trying assuming no hardware damage?

2 hours ago, Nemockulous said:

It's there anything else with trying assuming no hardware damage?

So I swapped in my old 1080 ti, and the system now works.

Is there a possibility I fried the 2080 when the card was not mounted correctly? Is there a possibility that I like cracked the PCB on my last installation? Is such a thing common?

Update:

Pulled out and re-mounted the 2080 ti. Now gives code 9E. No information on this code. Nothing is displayed on the screen.

When plugging in with the 1080, it gets back to code 02 and gets me into windows.

18 hours ago, Nemockulous said:

Update:

Pulled out and re-mounted the 2080 ti. Now gives code 9E. No information on this code. Nothing is displayed on the screen.

When plugging in with the 1080, it gets back to code 02 and gets me into windows.

Could be that the 2080 ti could've been damaged when not mounted correctly 😞 Is it still under warranty? Play dumb and just say it won't work