Windows does not detect NVMe during install, but Ubuntu does.

I've recently built a new system with Intel i7-13700K and MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI. Unfortunately, windows installation is not able to detect the NVMe Drive. In BIOS, I see that Intel VMD is disabled, and Samsung PRO 980 is detected in M2_1. I've created a live ubuntu USB, and it detects the NVMe drive too. I was successfully able to install Ubuntu 22 on it. Too bad I'd love to have Windows11 in dual-boot to play some games as well.

I've also put my old SSD with Windows10 on it, but it does not detect it as a bootable device. The funny thing is, during the installation of Windows 11, since I had no device detected, I tried to install the drivers for the NVMe, and Windows allowed me to select my SSD as an option to look for the drivers???

Did anyone observe such behavior before? Is there something I can do to successfully install Windows 11?

Okay, in case anybody was wondering... I come from a place where I don't have a windows machine, as my work laptop is Linux and mac; thus, I didn't have the option to use windows assistant for creating a bootable USB, so I downloaded ISO and used dd to copy it over to the USB stick.

Apparently, borrowing a windows laptop and creating a bootable USB with their wizard, rewinding to the installation process, and voila, the devices are now shown.

Might be helpful for somebody else in this situation

If anyone encounters this issue in the future: You may need to also grab the appropriate drivers and load them during the installation process for specific hardware.

I'm assuming it worked when you created a bootable USB with the windows laptop since it pulled the drivers from the internet during that process.