Processor : i3 10100F | $69.00

Motherboard : Asrock H510M-HVS | $87.00

CPU Cooler : DeepCool AK400 | $29.99

Graphics Card : Galax Geforce GTX 1650 4GB EX | $210.00

Storage : Kingston A400 512GB | 

RAM : KLEVV BOLT X 16GB (8x2) 3200Mhz | 

PSU FSP HEXA 500W 80+ |

Casing And Other Peripherals is up to you

I cant really total the price right now because im in my school device and not bringing my phone. More of it probbably check on ebay, i wouldnt be reccomending a 1070, cause 1060 or 1650 is more popular to me, and also, if you need lower the budgets, make sure you get a good quality power supply 👍

I mostly agree with this

100% build one! It will be great for him and you to this together.

Some things to note
The cpu comes with its own cooler if you get the box so there is no need buy one separately.

I would choose a different mobo to accommodate an M.2 ssd for example Asus PRIME H510M-E which is slightly more expensive.
And if you do check the cpu compatibility in the manufacturers site just to be sure.

You definitely should not cheep out on the psu.. I would get something thats at least bronze certified or gold if you can and avoid anything with less than 3 years warranty but ideally 5+. You can search for the psu tier list to look if the one you chose is on there and its rating.

As for the case you can go really cheap if you want its up to you. Just make sure everything fits and it has the front io that you want for example usb 3.0 ports instead of 2.0. And check if fans are included, if not buy at least 2.

For a more in-depth guide watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL4DCEp7blY&t=3358s

They explain everything in great detail.

Please help me look like a super cool, hero uncle to my nephew. I’m not a PC gamer, but rather a console gamer and I use Mac so I’m a bit out of my depth. I’ve built a PC once many years ago and am out of touch with this stuff, but his parents can barely spell PC and I’m the one he looks up to as the “techy” uncle which I am about most other tech subjects. 

He’s saving for a gaming PC. He wants a desktop. I’m not sure if we should buy a pre-built or build one. I’d kind of like to build one as it would be a cool project to do together. 

He wants to play mainly survival games like Rust, Hydroneer, etc. and said Steam recommended a minimum of a GeForce 1070 GPU. He’s also in a STEM program and could use it for that. He’s 13. 

Any direction anyone can give me on the least expensive way to accomplish what he wants to do without necessarily buying a used PC on eBay, I would appreciate it. He’s paying for it himself and his funds are limited. Not even sure what we should be looking at or how much of a budget we need. 

TIA as I know this is a great community and can help. 

What are his budgets?

Just an Ordinary Senior High-Schooler.

Please correct me if Im wrong when posting on someone's forum, that would really help me out. 👌

PSU FSP HEXA 500W 80+ |

I cant really total the price right now because im in my school device and not bringing my phone. More of it probbably check on ebay, i wouldnt be reccomending a 1070, cause 1060 or 1650 is more popular to me, and also, if you need lower the budgets, make sure you get a good quality power supply 👍

Please correct me if Im wrong when posting on someone's forum, that would really help me out. 👌

48 minutes ago, itnomink said:

PSU FSP HEXA 500W 80+ |

I mostly agree with this

Some things to note
The cpu comes with its own cooler if you get the box so there is no need buy one separately.

I would choose a different mobo to accommodate an M.2 ssd for example Asus PRIME H510M-E which is slightly more expensive.
And if you do check the cpu compatibility in the manufacturers site just to be sure.

You definitely should not cheep out on the psu.. I would get something thats at least bronze certified or gold if you can and avoid anything with less than 3 years warranty but ideally 5+. You can search for the psu tier list to look if the one you chose is on there and its rating.

As for the case you can go really cheap if you want its up to you. Just make sure everything fits and it has the front io that you want for example usb 3.0 ports instead of 2.0. And check if fans are included, if not buy at least 2.

For a more in-depth guide watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL4DCEp7blY&t=3358s

50 minutes ago, Gian said:

I mostly agree with this

Some things to note

Oh yeah about the cooler part, i forgot intel makes a stock cooler 🤣, i always buy used things :’)