Me And Mechanical Keyboards

ManOfDisguise

So this christmas I got my 1st mechanical keyboard. I went for MX blues. At first i thought i would like and not mind the clicky sound...wrong...its f*cking loud! lol. But thats not what i wanted to say.

Everyone here has been telling me that mechanical is a big difference and much better over membrane and tbh i still feel weird using this mx blue kb. Its been about half a year now and I still feel kinda weird typing on it so I obviously havent gotten used to it. Guess I prefer linear membrane keyboards. Im not saying i find mechanical to be inferior I just odnt find it to be that superior. I can also say i saw no improvement in my typing speed. I dunno blues feel weird and unnatural to me when i press em down the double click is starting to annoy the sh*t out of me!(you know like you first have to get to the activation point and then go down more it just feels so awkward). So ya just a short rant or whatever you want to call...this

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

So this christmas I got my 1st mechanical keyboard. I went for MX blues. At first i thought i would like and not mind the clicky sound...wrong...its f*cking loud! lol. But thats not what i wanted to say.

Everyone here has been telling me that mechanical is a big difference and much better over membrane and tbh i still feel weird using this mx blue kb. Its been about half a year now and I still feel kinda weird typing on it so I obviously havent gotten used to it. Guess I prefer linear membrane keyboards. Im not saying i find mechanical to be inferior I just odnt find it to be that superior. I can also say i saw no improvement in my typing speed. I dunno blues feel weird and unnatural to me when i press em down the double click is starting to annoy the sh*t out of me!(you know like you first have to get to the activation point and then go down more it just feels so awkward). So ya just a short rant or whatever you want to call...this

I think your problem is you just have the wrong switch. It sounds like you would prefer Blacks or Reds considering they are linear, non tactile and not clicky.

Red - 45g Actuation Force

CherryMXRed.gif

Black - 60g Actuation Force

Black.gif

Unless you like the feel of the blues but don't want the click, you can get browns which are non linear, tactile, not clicky. BUT you did say you prefer Linear

Brown - 45g Actuation Force

Brown.gif

Each to their own. Some people just don't like them. You could try using a linear switch like a black to see if you prefer it. I've had my K95 for around 8 months (guessing) and my Shine 3 for around 3 months and I've found that I didn't notice the change from membrane to mechanical that much. But going from reds to browns when typing was a much bigger and nicer change. I only realised that I couldn't stand membrane keyboards the other day when I forgot to bring in my Shine 3 to college and had to use a crappy dell keyboard for a few hours. 

That's my experience with mechanical keyboards, I love them and won't go back. 

Well I guess it comes down to the individual. I have been using my Ducky for a couple of months now and it took me quite a bit of time to adjust since I used to bottom out the hell out of my membrane keyboard and now I tried to adjust to touch typing since it seems to work better with this keyboard and allows me to type faster. I'm still adjusting to certain aspects and I do make occasional mistakes and the fact that I have to use a cheap and crappy keyboard in college for most of the week doesn't help since I have to keep re-adjusting. I have definitely found a mechanical keyboard better when it comes to gaming since I can play with my fingers basically floating over the keys and reaction/touch clicking them when I need to. To be fair both membrane and mechanical keyboards are fine for me but I'm starting to lean towards mechanical ones more as I get better and faster at using them.

I think your problem is you just have the wrong switch. It sounds like you would prefer Blacks or Reds considering they are linear, non tactile and not clicky.

Red

CherryMXRed.gif

Black

Black.gif

thats what i was thinking too. however i heard reds are way too sensitive and suck for typing and are more marketed towards "gaming" lololool. and i dunno about blacks. but tbh i dont have a problem w membrane. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

thats what i was thinking too. however i heard reds are way too sensitive and suck for typing and are more marketed towards "gaming" lololool. and i dunno about blacks. but tbh i dont have a problem w membrane. 

I used to have reds on my old Corsair K60, they werent bad for typing, and the reds are just as sensitive as blues. Now i have a custom WASD keyboard with browns, which is the preferred switch for a gaming/typing mix

Some people prefer McDonald's to gourmet, fresh food.

I think that you should try other switches, as mentioned, before giving up on mechanicals. You sound like a black/red guy.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Mechanical keyboards ARE superior because they are accurate and more precise, also a lot of the time less actuation force is required. I personally love my blues for gaming and mostly typing. I like browns too, I suppose I just love tactile switches. Blacks are optimal for gaming however because they are linear and very precise. I'd recommend you try those. 

I love StarCraft

Intel i5 4670 @3.4Ghz - Gigabyte G1 Gaming Gtx 970 @ 1542Mhz - 120GB Kingston SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - Gigabyte B85-H3D - 8 GB 1333Mhz Kingston RAM - Azza Toledo 301 - SteelSeries Sensei/Logitech G400s - Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate - Sennheiser HD 598 - Zalman Zm-mic 1
 http://www.last.fm/user/thalandros 
http://www.mysteamgauge.com/account?username=76561198044810844