What Is The Difference Of A 850x And A 850e From Corsair

Braydoge

If the RM850e isn't much more I'd get that over the 750W. As far as I know the 850e is just a newer slightly different design and produced by a different manufacturer from the X line units. It's still in the same quality level as the RM850X on the PSU Tier List so it's still a solid buy. The e line units are also less expensive.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 minutes ago, Braydoge said:

So I'm building  my first pc and I was wondering which one should I get. Oh and Is a 750w psu good enough  for what's on this list or should I bump it up to a 850w https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NZQmsL

the 850e is more compact size, uses a 120mm fan instead of 135mm, different manufacturer and design, cheaper non-Japanese capacitors, lower temperature rating 40°C vs 50°C on the RMx, shorter warranty.  Basically it's just a cheaper fully modular 80+ Gold power supply from Corsair.  Still good quality. Get the 850e, it will be more than good enough quality wise. .  Thanks to Moderator @Spotty for writing most of this in a previous post on the same question.  Copied the answer because it was fitting.

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If the RM850e isn't much more I'd get that over the 750W. As far as I know the 850e is just a newer slightly different design and produced by a different manufacturer from the X line units. It's still in the same quality level as the RM850X on the PSU Tier List so it's still a solid buy. The e line units are also less expensive.

Ok thx for the input but do U think the 6950xt and the 13600k can run on a 750w or should i bump it up to a 850e to be safe

Just now, Braydoge said:

Ok thx for the input but do U think the 6950xt and the 13600k can run on a 750w or should i bump it up to a 850e to be safe

Get the 850 🙂

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Get the 850 🙂

ok thx I will what are your thoughts on those monitors I have on the pc part picker and do you think you might be able to give me some around the same 1440p and 180hz for that price ? My only prob with those monitors I have on the list is they seem unreliable 

Just now, Braydoge said:

Get the 850e. The price difference I can see between the two and the power draw of components make the 850e the better buy.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 minute ago, Braydoge said:

ok thx I will what are your thoughts on those monitors I have on the pc part picker and do you think you might be able to give me some around the same 1440p and 180hz for that price ? My only prob with those monitors I have on the list is they seem unreliable 

I mean they're just cheap monitors, they're not going to be better than any name brand units. I didn't even know monoprice made monitors.

Dude the tax for this pc is gonna kill me 

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

I mean they're just cheap monitors, they're not going to be better than any name brand units. I didn't even know monoprice made monitors.

I have no idea who monoprice is some guy sent me a list 

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

What are some monitors you recommend for about the same price?

4 minutes ago, Braydoge said:

I have no idea who monoprice is some guy sent me a list 

Never even heard of them.  Doesn't mean they are bad but I know most brands. This is a decent monitor. I have the 1080p 144hz version as a 2nd monitor and its fantastic.  I even gamed on it a few times and it was great. You are going with an AMD GPU so find a monitor with Freesync instead of Gsync.
https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Gaming-VG27AQ-G-SYNC-Monitor/dp/B07WQ4FXY9/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2UMG39DI8F0OZ&keywords=asus%2Btuf%2B27&qid=1676688652&sprefix=asus%2Btuf%2B27%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2&th=1

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Never even heard of them.  Doesn't mean they are bad but I know most brands.

you're clearly out of touch cuz I've been buying monoprice products for over 20 years.

Just sayin'.

So that motherboard I have on the list if i have 2 monitors do i need 2 display ports on the motherboard ?

Or how does that stuff work 

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

you're clearly out of touch cuz I've been buying monoprice products for over 20 years.

Just sayin'.

are those monitors good tho

1 minute ago, tkitch said:

Just sayin'.

I live in Norway and Monoprice is an American online retailer... I'm not out of touch, just out of America 🙂

1 minute ago, Braydoge said:

So that motherboard I have on the list if i have 2 monitors do i need 2 display ports on the motherboard ?

The monitors will hook up to the GPU not the motherboard. When you have a dedicated GPU, that is what you connect the monitors too.

3 minutes ago, Braydoge said:

You plug the display port or HDMI cable into the back of the GPU.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/0/d/csm_Radeon_RX_6950_XT_9_027747f704.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You plug the display port or HDMI cable into the back of the GPU.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadmin/_processed_/0/d/csm_Radeon_RX_6950_XT_9_027747f704.jpg

ah ok thx

17 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Just sayin'.

Yeah, monitors are similar to Laptops....there a limited handful of OEM and dozens of brand names.

Your lenovo, hp, asus, dell, acer laptop looks so very similar....oh yeah, it is the exact same model from one OEM just with a different name slapped on it.

There are like perhaps 3 or 4 Monitor screen suppliers...LG, Samsung...

Not knowing the name of a monitor is like not knowing the name of a big box store.....

What ? You don't have HEB stores near you?

THEY ARE THE grocery store of TEXAS....

What? never heard of WEGMANS????....well you haven't lived in upstate NY then...it is as good as HEB or even better.😀

2 hours ago, mdk777 said:

Yeah, monitors are similar to Laptops....there a limited handful of OEM and dozens of brand names.

Your lenovo, hp, asus, dell, acer laptop looks so very similar....oh yeah, it is the exact same model from one OEM just with a different name slapped on it.

There are like perhaps 3 or 4 Monitor screen suppliers...LG, Samsung...

Not knowing the name of a monitor is like not knowing the name of a big box store.....

What ? You don't have HEB stores near you?

THEY ARE THE grocery store of TEXAS....

What? never heard of WEGMANS????....well you haven't lived in upstate NY then...it is as good as HEB or even better.😀

I'm in Boston (And from Upstate, and even went to the same high school as Danny Wegman himself did.)

I also know HEB.  Been to one, like, once.  I also go to weggies regularly.  Like this past weekend.  😛  

9 hours ago, tkitch said:

also know HEB.  Been to one, like, once.

Wife has family in Buffalo, so the Wegman fan club is deep there.

I live in Austin TX now, and while the city has gone to rack and ruin taking its pattern from Portland.....

You have to give it to HEB for not taking the "let the shoplifter go without trying to stop"

They often have guys in tactical gear at the front....and they take no BS. 

I wish every store took that approach.

"Yeah, the cops might not arrest you, but you have to get through our security....and they take their right to self defense seriously." 

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 1:42 AM, SpookyCitrus said:

thank you for the tip

CASE: Fractal Design Pop Air RGB TG Orange  MOBO: MSI MPG B650 Edge WIFI  CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900  CPU COOLER: NZXT T120 RGB  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 4070 Gaming X Trio  Boot Drive: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 2280 500 GB  SSD: 2x Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 2280 1 TB  HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 3.5" SATA 4 TB  PSU: Corsair RM850e OS: Windows 11 Pro

• 7 months later...
On 3/1/2023 at 4:42 PM, SpookyCitrus said:

I have to tell you that you are wrong. The E versions use cheaper capacitors. The X uses top quality Japanese capacitors. The warranty on the X is also longer.

6 hours ago, AMD Willy said:

I have to tell you that you are wrong. The E versions use cheaper capacitors. The X uses top quality Japanese capacitors. The warranty on the X is also longer.

So cheaper capacitors and thus...less expensive on the E version. Shorter warranty.

You both would be right in different instances.