Best of the old analogue light meters?

I've got a vintage camera I'm pulling out to shoot with again (Yashica 635) and would like to pair it with a period-correct (1960s to early 70s) light meter.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

38 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've got a vintage camera I'm pulling out to shoot with again (Yashica 635) and would like to pair it with a period-correct (1960s to early 70s) light meter.

Any suggestions?

Do you want it to look cool? (Leica Meter) or actually be a great accurate meter? (Pentax sportmeter)

1 hour ago, Blue4130 said:

great accurate meter?

This

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

This

Realistically then you need to go with the pentax (or minolta, but it's not as retro looking). The vast majority of meters of that Era use Tech that degrades with time and are pretty unreliable these days.

Beware though, the Pentax meter is highly valued among large format shooters and they are at sort of crazy levels of cash.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

and they are at sort of crazy levels of cash.

I am seeing that...

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

I am seeing that...

Probably not what you want to hear, but the sekonic 308 is a fantastic meter. Small, pocketable and affordable. I've been using one for about 20 years at this point with my Leica and large format cameras. Bulletproof.