Editor looking for a fast external 2TB+ SSD (nervous about potential sandisk issue)

Hi all. So I recently got a SDSSDE81-2T00-G25 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GV4YYV7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details)

Been flawless so far, (except with the noted and proven issue that if perpetually plugged in and you don't use/access it for a while but then click into it, in explorer; there is a NOTICEABLE 2-10 second delay on the drive before it lets you access the drive. and then it's perfect until you aren't actively using it for a while again, usually like 30 min- almost like an annoying sleep mode)

Crystaldisk says drive health is at 100, so I guess that's good. 

Although on videography group on fb I follow, I saw someone had this same drive and it failed on them after like 2 weeks or something, made me very nervous but as im still in amazons return

window, I figured I would ask here first. A couple folks said it was a 'recent batch issue', so who the hell knows.

I know I would want one with a DRAM cache(right?); but I wasn't able to find out of the one I bought above^ has one or not.

Looking for any recommendations or info on this; or just suggestions for external, fast workhorse SSD's with transfer specs comparable to the drive I got^ 

Thank you so much; everyone.

Have you considered getting a usb 3.1 NVME enclosure that can accept any internal drive? They're super cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/SSK-Aluminum-Tool-Free-Enclosure-Portable/dp/B0892BK5L6/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=usb+3.1+nvme+enclosure&qid=1677609585&sprefix=usb+3.1+nvme+e%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-14

Then you can pick whatever your preferred brand of high-end NVME ssd is. I love my WD SN850X but it might be overkill for an external drive.

10 minutes ago, snowfox99 said:

Have you considered getting a usb 3.1 NVME enclosure that can accept any internal drive? They're super cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/SSK-Aluminum-Tool-Free-Enclosure-Portable/dp/B0892BK5L6/ref=sr_1_14?keywords=usb+3.1+nvme+enclosure&qid=1677609585&sprefix=usb+3.1+nvme+e%2Caps%2C131&sr=8-14

Then you can pick whatever your preferred brand of high-end NVME ssd is. I love my WD SN850X but it might be overkill for an external drive.

As a professional that would be using this daily, is there any disadvantage to using this method? Any bottlenecks with regard to read/write speed since its reading the drive through the chasis? 

19 minutes ago, Splashboy3 said:

As a professional that would be using this daily, is there any disadvantage to using this method? Any bottlenecks with regard to read/write speed since its reading the drive through the chasis? 

Yeah, since it's a usb 3.1 gen2 connection (10gbps) you won't get the same speed you'd get with an internal SSD in an m.2 slot. But it's no more of a bottleneck than any other external SSD out there.