LG G2 vs Philips 807

HeavyMental

Hello Guys,
I'm looking forward to buying a new TV in the following months and I need help with my final choice.

TV Use-cases:

I don't play or intend to play games on the TV.

I mainly use the TV connected to a PC from which I play movies. I will soon build a home NAS in order to play movies from a network share.

I have audio setup so TV speakers are not a factor.

I will wall mount the tv to an empty white wall.

Most of the time I watch TV at an angle

Both the G2 and the 807 have identical price.

Initially I was dead focused on Philips 807 because of the 4-way Ambilight, which will make for an amazing experience, however recently I saw the Govee T2 in action (I don't mind the camera) and it even looked better then the Ambilight TVs that I have seen (couple of generations older). In addition to this I read that the Philips model does not have a heatsink, something that the LG G2 has.

I would prefer to get the Philips over LG G2 with Govee T2 as it will be less money and hassle, however I'm quite concern about the lack of heatsink with OLED TVs. I also read that a lot of Samsung TVs like the 95B are failing a lot due to overheating issues.

Please do have in mind that I'm looking for something that will last around 8 years.

BTW, I'm based in the EU, I know that some TV models have different variations depending on the territory.  

Kind Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Can't speak to EU pricing... 

In the US, RTings mostly speaks of LG and Samsung as the main choices worth looking at. 

I haven't heard much about failures outside of mud slinging from LG. Their own panels didn't do well based on the same test that they referenced as evidence that Samsung sucks. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/tvs-on-the-market

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800