New model of G502 Lightspeed

Captain Insano

I was looking at getting a new gaming mouse because my G502 has been through a lot, has anyone tried the newer G502 X Plus Lightspeed? If so how does that compare to the original which is considered a go to mouse for a lot of people. I'm tempted seeing as it has USB type C charging which would be one less cable in my setup, but I wanted to make sure there isn't any internal downgrades compared to the old model.

I got myself the G502 X Lightspeed as replacement for my MX Performance. 

So far for my taste the angle is not as good as the mx one for resting my hand. Else it's a nice rodent.

One little drawback, any dust on the mousepad and the rodent starts to scratch while moving. Some may won't care, but for me it feels bad, so I have to clean the underside of the mouse (gliders) as well as my mousepad very often.

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I don't own it, but had a chance to daily drive it for a couple of weeks. I've been using standard G502 Lightspeed for almost 2 years and liking every second of it.

I don't like it because it has that RGB strip dividing the body into 3 parts. Its imbedded fairly deep into the mouse making it feel uncomfortable since (Personal grip, your results may vary) my palm rests right on the edges, making it uncomfortable after playing for a little while.

Rubber pad under the thumb area is also kinda meh compared to original 502. Its a simple linear pattern compared to more unique triangle shapes used in the original. This makes mouse a little harder to grip if you're playing FPS on low sensitivity and have to move it alot.

Sensor feels the same, as does everything else "Internally". USB C cable is indeed a nice touch if thats important to you.

My brother bought this mouse as a replacement oh his old G402 Hyperion Fury which he used for 6 years until it gave up. He ended up offering it to me for the same reasons that I didn't like it - annoying rubber on both sides and deep cut that goes through the entire body of the mouse. 

I ended up asking him for my old G502 Lightspeed back and he ended up returning X Plus model and getting a regular 502 Lightspeed for half the price of X Plus model.

As a side note, for me C cable means +1 because I use micro USB for both G502 and G915 Lightspeed keyboard.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

2 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

I don't own it, but had a chance to daily drive it for a couple of weeks. I've been using standard G502 Lightspeed for almost 2 years and liking every second of it.

I don't like it because it has that RGB strip dividing the body into 3 parts. Its imbedded fairly deep into the mouse making it feel uncomfortable since (Personal grip, your results may vary) my palm rests right on the edges, making it uncomfortable after playing for a little while.

Rubber pad under the thumb area is also kinda meh compared to original 502. Its a simple linear pattern compared to more unique triangle shapes used in the original. This makes mouse a little harder to grip if you're playing FPS on low sensitivity and have to move it alot.

Sensor feels the same, as does everything else "Internally". USB C cable is indeed a nice touch if thats important to you.

My brother bought this mouse as a replacement oh his old G402 Hyperion Fury which he used for 6 years until it gave up. He ended up offering it to me for the same reasons that I didn't like it - annoying rubber on both sides and deep cut that goes through the entire body of the mouse. 

I ended up asking him for my old G502 Lightspeed back and he ended up returning X Plus model and getting a regular 502 Lightspeed for half the price of X Plus model.

As a side note, for me C cable means +1 because I use micro USB for both G502 and G915 Lightspeed keyboard.

the 502 Lightning X comes with or without lighting... mine is with ninja RGB... invisible ^^

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

I have the non-RBG G502X Lightspeed and love it. I change mice a lot but I think I’m sticking with this one for a long time. 

Lasts for over a month, nearly two on a charge (the RGB version much less) and changes really quickly. Using the Onboard Memory Manager (OMM) allows changing what you want regarding bindings and settings without having to install GHUB and have that garbage running in the background. 

Love it. My hand just doesn’t work with the tiny “fps” ultralight mice and I prefer some weight so this the big is perfect for me.