Is this PSU enough? (Silverstone 450w)

I had the same motherboard with a 3570k at 4.4ghz, a 780 at stock clocks, one SSD, and a Antec Kuhler 620 with the Silverstone 450w bronze PSU and while gaming it never drew over 340 watts from the wall... I never tried synthetic benchmarks to completely max it out. If I remember correctly my stock clock 4770k and 780 only draws 280w on a gold PSU while gaming.

I wouldn't be concerned about it, the majority of people go way overkill with their PSUs.

It would work.. but...

1.) How old is that PSU ? for how long did you use it ? Caps are dedrading over time and loose their electric capabilities

2.) Every good PSU's with 80+ cert has best efficency at 50% load. However it doesn't say that under heavy load 80-90% PSU won't hold its efficency (the difference is about 5% in most cases)

3.) Do not listen guys who says " OH NO YOU WILL BURN IT! YOU NEED 1000W PSU FOR THAT!". Its completely bullsh1t :). Average and peak power draw in gaming isnt even CLOSE to max their limit. There is no "gamer" or daily computer user who will push their CPU and GPU just to watch their power draw (im talking about furmark and other syntetics).

4.) If you DO however want to overclock it will draw much power than in stock and i DO NOT recommend that. Let's face it.. your PSU isnt top of the line and if it reach certain level of power draw it wont deliver pure power without any distorts.

5.) The last thing is... silence :) If PSU reaches certain level of draw it automaticaly turn up their fans and in some cases (i do not now how is in yours) is pretty awful to experience that kind of thing :)

PS:

The 680 is a 200W TDP Card. The I7 2700K is a 100W chip. That's 300 right there. That PSU is 80+ Bronze certified. That means 80-85% under-load. You're looking at about 300W just on the CPU and GPU. Now factor in variances and motherboard power. That leaves you at 400W roughly. Now try to overclock. Boom goes the power Supply. With older parts you really have to know what you're talking about. Before you spew shit. 

Oh JESUS.. 300W of power draw is 300W FROM WALL SOCKET not from PSU itself.

And just for sake of explanation here. 100w (max continues power) PSU rated @ 80+ bronze will DELIVER exactly 100w of power to their components and draw 118w from wall socket. Do you understand now ? 80+ isnt that you have 100w and it can deliver only 82w to components..

Make up your mind guys, I've done plenty of measurements when I had my ax860i and a 680 at 1300MHz/7600MHz & 2600K@5GHz, haven't seen it hitting 400W when playing BF3. If you're interested to know how much power your gpu will pull go here and check it for your card: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

If they dont mention it, load it up in kepler bios tweaker.