WAN Show duration over the years

Eumel2

Since the 4 hour mark has been reached this week i got curious how the duration changed over the years.

Since i know a little js I took the WAN show playlist and parsed and plotted it. 

So if anyone cares, heres the graph:

image.thumb.png.1f76eb8fc2187e7de0f33a39f9d39824.png

It seems between 2017 and 2021 the quite a few are missing from the playlist (especially 2020). If this ever gets fixed i can resubmit the pic.

Fun-fact: Ive been trying/challenging myself to keep the real watchtime und an hour but these passt few weeks made me surrender.

If there is interest in the script to increase the playbackspeed to more than 2x let me know.

7 minutes ago, Eumel2 said:

Fun-fact: Ive been trying/challenging myself to keep the real watchtime und an hour but these passt few weeks made me surrender.

Have you been listening to the show at x3 speed? I salute you if you do and can still understand anything, my limit is x2.

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

2 minutes ago, Bismut said:

Have you been listening to the show at x3 speed? I salute you if you do and can still understand anything, my limit is x2.

2.5 - 2.75 is usually comfortable, at 3x I got to really concentrate, anything above that is unintelligible 😅

now make a graph with actual content vs ads/not so useful stuff (discussions, news topics, useful stuff  versus sponsor segments and reading comments from people buying from ltt store).

Just now, Eumel2 said:

2.5 - 2.75 is usually comfortable, at 3x I got to really concentrate, anything above that is unintelligible 😅

2.75 is comfortable? I am incredibly impressed, but I usually listen to the show while doing something else too.
It does sound like an interesting challenge tho

Trans Rights!

As the show is less of a news roundup and more of a self-referencing interactive shopping channel then then it makes sense they want to lengthen the time to allow more questions (which means more shoppers) across greater time zones. Cast a wider net. And as the show is also about anecdotes and inside information about LMG as well as the personalities of the two hosts there is, maybe, a lot to talk about because they aren't limited to the week's news. They can talk endlessly about themselves all in the service of sales.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

now make a graph with actual content vs ads/not so useful stuff (discussions, news topics, useful stuff  versus sponsor segments and reading comments from people buying from ltt store).

sure, if you can provide the data 😉 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2023 at 2:10 AM, Eumel2 said:

sure, if you can provide the data 😉 

Maybe if someone fed the timestamps into GPT

On 2/26/2023 at 6:00 AM, Bismut said:

I listen to it at normal speed. I usually put it on to games like Snowrunner or BeamNG, where it's nice to have background noise to keep you company 🙂

3 hours ago, ThatGuyJupe said:

I listen to it at normal speed. I usually put it on to games like Snowrunner or BeamNG, where it's nice to have background noise to keep you company 🙂

I listen to most tech channels while renovating my house or while driving long distances these days. I just don’t find the videos engaging enough to watch anymore. Same mindset applies to 4 minute techquickie as it does to 4 hour WAN.

16 hours ago, ThatGuyJupe said:

Minecraft and Poly Bridge are great for that, too. Basically any game that has you running/doing stuff without a lot of story I'd say

Trans Rights!

On 4/1/2023 at 9:41 PM, maxstuff.net said:

Maybe if someone fed the timestamps into GPT

Isn't there like, a SponsorBlock API?

im a web dev, if you need a website msg me

ill actually make a front-end website for you, im bored and need something to do, msg me with what you need and i might make a website for you (idc what platform you msg me on i have stuff on my profile) /srs

previous work linked on my profile under "website url"

i do everything for free so dont worry about paying me for it

I wonder if more people are also affected like me in which the recent show size makes it completely impossible to listen on my free home time. So,  I'm listening through a podcast app and that makes it extremely jarring the huge amount of time they started spending talking about lttstore and showing things on screen that I have no way of knowing, because I'm listening while commuting. Sometimes I check the timestamp and try to get back to it at home, but most of the time I just skip until I think it's good and maybe lose something in the process.

Last week episode was hard. Between the affiliate controversy and ltt products they might have spent more than 1 hour. Really hard to keep the attention.